Why become a member? ×

wireless body pack holder for guitar strap

dave_bass5

Looking for one to put my AKG transmitter in and then put it on my strap.
Anyone know where i can get one. i saw one recently here for sale but missed it.
I know Dunlop do one called the SA10 but cant find any where in the UK that sell them

Cheers.

Edited by dave_bass5

Dave,

I think Levy's do one, admittedly not specifically for AKG but the generic shape tends to fit all. Gaffer'ing it to a strap does the job but is a real pain when you wanna change the battery.

The alternative is to look around for a MP3 player carry case. I brought a Creative player a few years ago and whilst the player went west many moons ago, I've still got the mighty fine case which fits the Sennheiser pack beautifully. I've gaffer'd that to a strap in the past and it means I was able to slide it in and out to gain access to the battery and controls without having to tape the actual pack.

However, all said and done, it's a pain having to change straps when i wanna change basses so for the most part nowadays, the wireless pack now resides in my back pocket where it's safe, is easily reached and doesn't get in the way when I'm changing basses.

HTH
T

[quote name='tonyf' post='22957' date='Jun 25 2007, 01:19 PM']Dave,

I think Levy's do one, admittedly not specifically for AKG but the generic shape tends to fit all. Gaffer'ing it to a strap does the job but is a real pain when you wanna change the battery.

The alternative is to look around for a MP3 player carry case. I brought a Creative player a few years ago and whilst the player went west many moons ago, I've still got the mighty fine case which fits the Sennheiser pack beautifully. I've gaffer'd that to a strap in the past and it means I was able to slide it in and out to gain access to the battery and controls without having to tape the actual pack.

However, all said and done, it's a pain having to change straps when i wanna change basses so for the most part nowadays, the wireless pack now resides in my back pocket where it's safe, is easily reached and doesn't get in the way when I'm changing basses.

HTH
T[/quote]

Thanks Tony. Ill have a look to see if i can track the levy's one down (doubtful though).
I had my first gig with my AKG on Sat and while it worked great just clipped to my strap i realised that when my bass is sitting on its stand the strap (and transmitter) are on the floor and its very easy for someone to stand on it. I figured a pocket of some kind will make it easier to take off the strap during breaks. Im so used to just unplugging my GB and putting it on my amp.
I guess maybe just hooking it on my belt might be the best option. As my bass is active i have to unplug it anyway

thomann also sell one.

goes for about a fiver, but you'd have to factor the postage in to the equation.

i have one of the thomann ones and i find to be a very funtional piece of kit.

BTW, i must say that i have tried the mp3 case thing as well, but didn't work too well for me. I found that i couldn't do it up well enough to hold it - as I'm a pretty active monster when it comes down to it, and i didn't like running the risk of stomping on the transmitter!

[quote name='Steve_K' post='23323' date='Jun 26 2007, 12:34 AM']I think I have the case for my iRiver HD120 or whatever it was called somewhere - if I can find it and you still need something drop me your address and I'll fire it off.[/quote]

Thanks fro the replies guys.
Ill try and order the Thomann one to see how i go.
Dude, i dont suppose you have a photo of the back of the case do you?

Steve, thanks very much for the offer. I have a couple of MD cases i could use but quite like the look of the Thomann one.

[quote name='dood' post='23430' date='Jun 26 2007, 11:05 AM']I used a leather mobile phone case! There are so many on the market, you pretty much can find one to fit! I think mine was a 'Krussel' case.[/quote]

Actually i was just looking at some phone cases and i was also going to look in to small pocket camera cases as well.
I have a Krussel case that my Nokia 6600 used to be in and they are good cases.

the only problem i can see is having to secure it to the strap but i guess it wont be that difficult

cheers for the suggestion.

Edited by dave_bass5