Why become a member? ×

My new HumanBase Roxy 5 Black!

Ghosts Over Japan

Got this in exchange for my Sandberg a couple of days ago and I must say, I absolutely love her, tweaked the trussrod slightly today and she plays like a dream.

It took a lot for me to go back to having a single pickup but after hearing just how versatile the pickup in this is I was sold, and even though the headstock is typically modern shaped (boring as far as I'm concerned), with the wood grain showing and the metal truss rod cover make it a up for it :)

Anyway, enough blabbering, more drooling :D

Cai

[url="http://s204.photobucket.com/user/silversnailbassist/library/Roxy%205"]http://s204.photobuc...ibrary/Roxy%205[/url]

P.S. This forum has got a lot harder to post bloody pictures on :P

Edited by Ghosts Over Japan

I like that! I am a big fan of matte black finishes like that. The pickup looks like it's placed somewhere inbetween the Precision and Stingray positions, what does it sound like?

EDIT: I guess this answers my question:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0cmBpZNKUo[/media]

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1377966846' post='2194211']
I like that! I am a big fan of matte black finishes like that. The pickup looks like it's placed somewhere inbetween the Precision and Stingray positions, what does it sound like?

EDIT: I guess this answers my question:

[/quote]

Thank you good sir!
Because the bass was in Germany I could only go off of the very few sound clips available on the internet including this one which helped me quite a lot as he does a real good run through of the tones IMO.
it's extremely versatile, I know everyone says that about their bass but bearing in mind I swapped it for a bass with Delano J/MM pickup selection to this single Delano pickup.

It can do a fairly good impression of both MM and P p'ups thanks to the Parallel/Series Selector but it can really hammer the rattling tone of a Stingray which I actually need for one project, I'm very impressed with the tones available, I thought I'd be a bit limited but not at all, and I've been messing around with metal, hip-hop, jazz and general smooth tones for stuff I do supporting an acoustic artist and I very happy chappy with this beauty :D
[size=4]Cai[/size]

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1377979214' post='2194398']
Yeah, that`s a nice looking bass. I like the pick guard, it seems to suit the colour and shape
[/quote]

Thank you very much sir! Yes I do like traditional looking basses but even though this is clearly a modern design, the way it is styled still gives it an almost traditional look about it, a modern classic if you will :D Keeps me busy and happy enough anyway :)
Cai

[quote name='rodacademy' timestamp='1378032240' post='2194829']
Are these chaps expensive??
[/quote]

Cheers for the kind comments,
around £1200 to get one imported to the UK from Bassdirect as HumanBase don't actually seem to make this model available directly to the uk from the looks of the website!

I love it, I tested it with a lot of different tones last night as I was doing quite a bit of transcribing then I ended up working on my jazz stuff again and it was unbelievable!
Cai

• 8 months later...

Hey, it's been almost a year since you got this bass, any update?
I'm having quite a hard time trying to find information on this one; do you happen to have any sound clips that you're willing to share? Would love to hear it in detail. Did you have any experience with the Ibanez ATK series prior to owning this one? If so, how would you compare them?
I'm currently looking over this one and the (less expensive but harder to find) ATK805.