Why become a member? ×

Moffat Bass Bash 7

skelf

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1392200384' post='2365784']
Two pubs of choice this year. With the increased numbers wanting to go we have The Stag and The Balmoral to try out. As to the malts no idea I am afraid.

Also need to add there will be a demo played by Colin Cunningham from Cocosbassment along with his tame drummer.
Also the guys from Alpher Instruments will be on hand for all things bass related.
Alan
[/quote]

:)

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' timestamp='1392202758' post='2365836']
Hey :)

We're really looking forward to this!

We'll be coming along with Drew from Manchester Bass Lounge so we'll have his stock of Alpher basses (including the one that's just been reviewed in the latest issue of BGM) and hopefully a few more.

Can't wait to meet you all!

Cheers

Chris
Alpher Instruments
[/quote]

I'm looking forward to meeting one of your basses!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update!

We'll be bringing a few extra basses with us thatbwe have managed to borrow back from our very kind customers

Here they are

[URL=http://s169.photobucket.com/user/chrisdabass/media/2E1C1179-7DA6-46DF-85AE-A0BF922AC967_zpsdfwgcslm.jpg.html][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u227/chrisdabass/2E1C1179-7DA6-46DF-85AE-A0BF922AC967_zpsdfwgcslm.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s169.photobucket.com/user/chrisdabass/media/A4B4B8CE-6412-4D2C-8B6B-B65CC80975AE_zps6ccdhjej.png.html][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u227/chrisdabass/A4B4B8CE-6412-4D2C-8B6B-B65CC80975AE_zps6ccdhjej.png[/IMG][/URL]

:)

[quote name='edster' timestamp='1394207584' post='2389188']
What's the etiquette regarding trying other folk basses Do we seek out the owner for permission or do we trust each other enough not to damage the kit and just go for it?
[/quote]

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1394208106' post='2389194']
I've been to a few. It's my thought thought that as long as you're respectful and careful it's okay to try an instrument. Ask if the owners there and chat about a lot of nonsense too :)
[/quote]

this'll be my first one, I'll be using the 'always ask first' approach to anyone else's kit, it's only polite, even if the request is a general wave in the direction of the person in question followed by pointing at the bass and proceeding after an approving nod?

Hi

I will go over the protocol such as it is at the curry on the Saturday night.

Banned Matt to many Gibson basses he had to go.

Family commitments, he will make a triumphant return next year. At least he had better or words will be had.

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1394319803' post='2390357']
Banned Matt to many Gibson basses he had to go.
[/quote]

Ye scamp. Alan is correct, clash of dates which I realised all too late. Don't fret, I will be back - this is the first one I've missed! Just don't expect the gear to be the same as it would have been this year ;)

And thanks to an issue completely outwith my control - I wont back in the UK till Tuesday. :(
So much for my offshore trip being 2 nights offshore...

I've PM'd Alan to say I won't be coming now so my weekend ticket should be up for grabs.

:(

Sucks.

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1394605450' post='2393153']
And thanks to an issue completely outwith my control - I wont back in the UK till Tuesday. :(
So much for my offshore trip being 2 nights offshore...

I've PM'd Alan to say I won't be coming now so my weekend ticket should be up for grabs.

:(

Sucks.
[/quote]

know how you feel mate, I'm out too due to family illnes (nothing serious just inconvenient!) so there're 2 tickets available now...

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1394450911' post='2391375']
Ye scamp. Alan is correct, clash of dates which I realised all too late. Don't fret, I will be back - this is the first one I've missed! Just don't expect the gear to be the same as it would have been this year ;)
[/quote]

Matt, can you get your basses over to the bash even if you aren't coming? There are a few I'd like to try :)