Why become a member? ×

What have you got GAS for at the mo?

action_panzer

[quote name='spyder' timestamp='1422210397' post='2669900']
Really gassing for a Mike Lull T Bird or an original Gibson. Credit card just needs to be spanked. (g)
[/quote]

That makes two of us, although I don't think I need the extra 20% of the Mike Lull JA model :D

In fact, I have this week drawn up a body plan for a Thunderbird body as I contemplate building a Fenderbird. I really should finish the Stingray first though :unsure:

I have little need for another bass currently, but as this is on end of line sale rather want to pick one up anyways.

Just to get something with active pickups and it's not a bad looker either.

Though I guess my true GAS is for eventually getting a Fearless 212 built by Tricky Audio, Hopefully before the year is out.

Then whatever Amp I get to utilize the beast fully instead of 330spyder, Possibly a MiniMega If they do indeed end up this side of the atlantic as Gear4Music hints at.

I'm not after any basses at the moment, happy with what I have. I'd quite like a cheap strat copy to take camping and stuff.

What I would really like is to take my main two basses to someone to get them really, properly and professionally set up. With new nuts (steel for my Warlock and bone for my Cort) and get the frets dressed.

Can't see it ever happening. I keep meaning to have a go at making my own nuts but never get around to it.

[quote name='Jono Bolton' timestamp='1423050004' post='2679934']
I really want a Squier Matt Freeman in Vintage White to go with my black one. I have pretty average goals in life.
[/quote]

Ah no - if you really like Squier basses,
then it's not an "average goal" - just cos it doesn't have a big name on the headstock
.... it's just that you realise just how good these basses are :)

Me? I've got too many basses, and really love everything I have
So I shouldn't be GASing at all at the moment

.... But I keep thinking about ordering a Limelight P bass.....
And quite fancy the Dee Dee Ramone Fender P signature they've just released
Groan......

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1423127094' post='2680983']
Ah no - if you really like Squier basses,
then it's not an "average goal" - just cos it doesn't have a big name on the headstock
.... it's just that you realise just how good these basses are :)

Me? I've got too many basses, and really love everything I have
So I shouldn't be GASing at all at the moment

.... But I keep thinking about ordering a Limelight P bass.....
And quite fancy the Dee Dee Ramone Fender P signature they've just released
Groan......
[/quote]

That's true, the Matt Freeman is a great bass, not just "for the price" as a lot of reviews say. It could easily be a couple of hundred more and it'd still be worth it.

Save yourself a few quid and get the Matt Freeman in Vintage White instead of the Dee Dee, doesn't look to be much difference between the two ;)

Feels like everything at the minute!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fender american standard p bass, Spector Euro 5lx, Fender american deluxe jazz with nordstrand big splits and aguilar ob3, warwick star bass, fender vintage hot rod 70s jazz bass, G&L l-2500... the list of basses goes on! Bergantino HD212, Markbass LMT800 OR Ampeg SVT 7-pro, Darkglass b7k, BAT Pharaoh Supreme[/font][/color]

I'm still jonesing big tike for a Spector Euro 4LX - that will only ever go away if I get one!!

A Markbass amp is creeping into my GASlist.

And from out of nowhere, I'm not GASing yet, but I'm suddenly interested in trying a Yamaha Attitude - just to see what they play like. I've been learning some of the less terrifying Billy Sheehan stuff and I love the tone he gets, although I don't think I could have it as my 'everyday' sound....

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BassAgent' timestamp='1422661656' post='2675509']
And the best fretless bass I've ever played:

[/quote]

I really share that opinion, I played a similar fiver some time ago - absolutely fantastic instument!!! The only one I'd picked out of a vast variety - I have been to one of the largest stores in Germany ..... if only ... but the tag was at 3500,-