Why become a member? ×

What have you got GAS for at the mo?

action_panzer

[quote name='Grassie' timestamp='1440190442' post='2849039']
Status Streamline. I have no idea why. Perhaps its because they're unlike anything else out there. I quite fancy rocking one of those in my sh*te pub band, just to be a little perverse...
[/quote]

Happy Jack occasionally cracks his Streamline out in his pub rock band.

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1438454917' post='2834666']
Something semi-acoustic. Possibly fretless.

(I'd love philw's defretted BEX 4 but I really cannot find the cash...)
[/quote]

Currently GASsing for money. If you have any, let me know :D

Although these may not be expensive,
and although I have too many basses already,
I've been GASsing for one of these lately
[url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/squier-classic-vibe-p-bass-70s-black/101104?gclid=CJbX9ff2y8cCFRGeGwodIPMIjg"]http://www.gak.co.uk...CFRGeGwodIPMIjg[/url]

They look fabulous
I recently sold my Squier CV 60's P bass, in Fiesta Red (which was my backup for one of the bands I'm in)
and bought a USA P - which is also lovely
But I instantly regretted selling the Squier!!

I missed the Squier so much, I went out & bought another, 2nd hand :)
I know some folk won't believe it, but comparing the 2 side by side
There's not that much in it, in terms of quality, comfort, playability & sound
The US is a tad lighter weight, and only very very slightly punchier sounding.....

Haven't played the 70's CV P in black yet - but I love the maple board, with blocks
I saw one in the flesh a few weeks back, but resisted a try, as I knew I'd want it - it looked soooo good
And if my 60's CV P bass is anything to go by - this 70's one will be a knockout!

Is it daft? But as I have too many already, should I consider selling the US and buying one of these?
My US is near mint, and lovely - but I am always wary, taking a mint / near mint bass out gigging
Since getting my RW Jazz, I'd never realised how liberating it is to take out a bass that already has some knocks & bumps
Or even a mint Squier, as it's not such a big deal if one of these gets a ding, rather than a mint US bass

Hmmmm.....

EDIT: Or, as I'm a fan of Limelights, perhaps I should commission Mark to do a light relic version of this bass?
Oh no! I really want one of these Squiers! :o

Edited by Marc S

Long term gas, that's a Fender Roscoe Beck 4. Fell in love with them many, many years ago and never had the money when one has come up.

Short term is either a custom Maruszczyk (though I suppose that could be built to similar spec as the above) and the other is a carbon neck Status 4 string as the current (and previous) Fender basses where I live now are all over in terms of neck given the climate.

[quote name='Thunderpaws' timestamp='1441610848' post='2860124']
A decent computer with a decent DAW
[/quote]

Get a mac, as Logic is £150, so you get good hardware and save on software! Thats the way i'm going. Thunderbolt ports so audio interface will be future proof for a while...

Something like a Spector SSD NS-94 or maybe a Peavey C4 Zephyr NT - to my eternal regret I have owned a nice example of each and sold them on.

Or maybe something like a Yamaha BB2004 NT

Edited by ead