Why become a member? ×

What have you got GAS for at the mo?

action_panzer

[quote name='enssorcel' timestamp='1441292226' post='2857650']
Is this the old classic vibe jazz? Love the look of these. I'm going crazy for anything lake placid blue at the moment, white pickguard on blue bumps up the GAS even more... That matching headstock as well!

Also got the fretless GAS, especially Corvettes. 6 string Ibbys got me salivating too.
[/quote]

I'll post some photo's and a NBD shortly, but yes it is a Squier CV Jazz James Johnston, and it is awesome!! Played it live at a 10-15 mins audition and it was on the money straight off (I got on to the team!!). The shop I got it from did a decent job on setting it up for me. Neck is excellent. Tone is great. Difficult to tell any difference between this and my US Fender Jazz.

My only minor (and I mean really minor) annoyance, is because the side of the neck is so shiny, there are times where if you're looking for a White dot position marker, it's difficult to see and the end of the frets can end up looking very similar to the white dots under lights. I'm thinking of doing a very light sand of the side of the next just to take the shine off. But the neck is really smooth and lovely to play.

The bass looks awesome in the flesh too. Slightly different from how you'd imagine from the online pics.... but better!! Colour is deeper. The matching headstock looks great!

I thought was cured of GAS.
I have every bass I could ever want / need - too many really
I GASsed after a Squier CV 70's P as a workaday bass for pubs (saving my near mint US P)

.... and then I stumbled across wateroftyne's Maruszczyk bass

It's just stunning, lovely colour/ pickguard colour, lovely neck - binding & blocks
great pickup arrangement in P/J fashion, and it's very lightweight....

And I now have more GAS than ever lol

[quote name='4-string-thing' timestamp='1443085883' post='2872010']
Something like this, not sure about the red though....
Actually, it's a cross between the two that I really want. The bass on the right with the pickguard and pup of the one on the left!
[/quote] or perhaps one of these, this is long scale but they did them in short scale too

[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r100/garethadavies/Squier%20Bullet%20Bass%20Black/DSC02850_zps9tmzu5qu.jpg[/IMG]

Hollowbody bass not sure why as I'm a precision guy but just feel the need to add a Hollowbody to my collection, thinking about ordering one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/181807291892

Oh, and a rosewood with blocks and binding neck for one of my homemade/home built precisions, specifically my 3 tone sunburst with tort pickguard specimen

Some kind of handmade custom Bass. Possibly a Drake.
The Hofner 500/5, the new one.
Sandberg Basic
Esh Stinger Bass
Gator ATK Case, the one for flights.I am quite obsessed w/ casses for some reason.
Powerful Hybrid Amp, I sold mine.German made preferably.
Boom Bass Cab
2 Good 6 Foot Cables
2 Good 3 foot Mono to 1/4 Cables
New Ultrasone Headphones
New practice space shelves, desk.
There is an american company that makes excellent prcatice seats. They are about $300.00,
Repair my old Japanese made CD Payer, buy a back-up for it.

When you write it down, it's a lot isn't it?