Why become a member? ×

Ned Steinberger NS CR5 Radius Bass

lowregisterhead

They had a fretted and Fretless ones at Musikmesse when I went in 2012.

They are fantastic looking. The two they had were prototypes, and played terribly. But they were very well put together.

A Fretless 4 would be of great interest to me. At the time they said a 4 and 6 would follow the 5 if there was sufficient demand.

Edited by AndyTravis

Try contacting Mark Stickley at Bass Direct. I am not sure if he has any, but he can probably get access as the sales team at NS Design still has some ties to Spector. (Interesting story for another time.) These basses are a perfect blend between NS Design headless innovations and the Kubicki style string in the headstock. They look great, and play well. They are especially well suited to fingerstyle players as the piezo system in these is superior.

[quote name='TomRichards' timestamp='1378910057' post='2206380']
Try contacting Mark Stickley at Bass Direct. I am not sure if he has any, but he can probably get access as the sales team at NS Design still has some ties to Spector. (Interesting story for another time.) These basses are a perfect blend between NS Design headless innovations and the Kubicki style string in the headstock. They look great, and play well. They are especially well suited to fingerstyle players as the piezo system in these is superior.
[/quote]

Thanks for that - I'lll give him a call.

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1378881465' post='2205822']
House Music are listed as a distributer, but I've had no response from them so far. Are they still in business?
[/quote]
Yes, just spoken to Barry at House Music and they're expecting a shipment of 6 Radius (Radii?) later this month. No pricing yet, they're still doing the figures..

• 10 months later...

[quote name='Westie9' timestamp='1405633319' post='2503979']
Has anyone any thoughts on these yet? I'm in the market for a fretless and really like the look of these...
[/quote]

I tried one at the Bass Guitar Show earlier this ear, and it was very nice to play, had loads of tonal variety and felt very well built, but for me the the body and neck weren't quite in the right place physically, if you know what I mean. It would probably just be a case of getting used to it, but I have other basses that sit better for my purposes at least, and I don't have £2100 spare for an impulse buy, and much as I love the look of them! Worth checking out though, Simon. The one I played was on the House Music stand.

• 9 months later...