Why become a member? ×

Bass/guitar rack stand recommendations please.

ambient

I own quite a few basses/guitars at the moment, and have a couple more on the way this coming week.

I've got them all either on stands or resting in corners at the moment. Stands seem to take up quite a bit of room though, maybe a rack stand thing would be a better idea ?

Anyone got any recommendations ?

Edited by ambient

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one of the Stagg 6 way stands that folds into a suitcase-type affair. Owned and gigged with it pretty intensively for ten years now, still as solid as day one. £45 well spent.

I recently got one of the "Chord" seven way stands for £25 on eBay to leave set up at home. I'm a little less impressed with this. It takes bit more fiddling to make my guitars and basses sit steady on it and I've had to put them all on an angle to stop them swaying. Does the job ok for light use in my music room at home but I could see it doing my head in if I used it heavily or gigged it.

I use a Hercules 5-way and a 3-way.

Very simple, very effective.

The only thing to watch for is that the neoprene padding can wear through under the weight of the instruments - which may also be true of other makes.

On my 5-way, I ended up wrapping foam underlay (for carpets) around the worn support poles and simply gaffa-ing in place. Ugly, but it works and it's easily repaired next time ...

• 1 year later...

anyone know anything bout these http://www.amazon.co.uk/241/dp/B00HLNIMRM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_MI_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1B2QP2SK7HQRWTQGZP8B i need a 7 guitar rack and not too sure what to get. i currently have a warwick 5 guitar rack i got of gumtree ages ago which is pretty good but not wanting to pay the price of a new warwick stand.