Why become a member? ×

Fender 2013 Japan Limited Edition '66 Jazz Bass

DanEly

That's really pretty! They should also do one with dots and binding, and lollipop tuners.

I see they're also finally offering the JB75 reissue with the correct bridge pickup position. About time! :lol:
I love the JB75B with black blocks and binding!

I also think that JB62 Smart Size is cute. But I think the specs are off... 373,5 mm scale translates to less than 15", that can't be right can it? Looks more like 30" to me.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1379339335' post='2211425']
Brace yersel Mabel, import alert
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Fender-Japan-MIJ-Ltd-Ed-66-Jazz-RI-Electric-Bass-Guitar-Olympic-White-/141059135566?pt=Guitar&hash=item20d7c7984e"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20d7c7984e[/url]
[/quote]

What the f*** did you have to do that for :(

;)

Sorry, had to pop out to pick up the kids!

Playability wise it's fantastic. I cannot fault it and it has a great "acoustic" sound and resonance. It's pretty lightweight too.

Plugged in, I don't think I've really found its sweet spot yet. When I got it I had the pots and cap upgraded (maybe I have the wrong cap for the bass). I've had Nordstands in it and currently have Lindy Fralin PUs in it and I'm still working it out. TBH I have nothing really to compare it to. My other Jazz is the all ash/maple JB75 reissue - that has Nordstrands and a John East preamp and sounds like a totally different beast - a very modern "Super Jazz" type tone.

I may experiment with a different cap and/or different brand of strings with the JB66.

I'm looking at it now. It sure is pretty.....

[quote name='lapolpora' timestamp='1379343104' post='2211470']
Sorry, had to pop out to pick up the kids!

Playability wise it's fantastic. I cannot fault it and it has a great "acoustic" sound and resonance. It's pretty lightweight too.

Plugged in, I don't think I've really found its sweet spot yet. When I got it I had the pots and cap upgraded (maybe I have the wrong cap for the bass). I've had Nordstands in it and currently have Lindy Fralin PUs in it and I'm still working it out. TBH I have nothing really to compare it to. My other Jazz is the all ash/maple JB75 reissue - that has Nordstrands and a John East preamp and sounds like a totally different beast - a very modern "Super Jazz" type tone.

I may experiment with a different cap and/or different brand of strings with the JB66.

I'm looking at it now. It sure is pretty.....
[/quote]

I have my 62 import jazz strung with d'arddario nickelwounds and it has Dimarzio model Js in, backed off the neck pup a tad to get the obvious scoop out it sounds mint.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1379338060' post='2211405']
I've wanted one of these for ages but can't find one for sale, it's not ltd ed afaik.
[/quote]

You're right, its not under the '2013 limited edition' drop down menu on the site, so it must be standard production. Regardless, it looks amazing and I'm glad that I already agreed on a different colour for my '75 or I might have copying this and annoying poor Howard with my indecisiveness lol!

Edited by skej21

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1379403857' post='2212140']
You're right, its not under the '2013 limited edition' drop down menu on the site, so it must be standard production. Regardless, it looks amazing and I'm glad that I already agreed on a different colour for my '75 or I might have copying this and annoying poor Howard with my indecisiveness lol!
[/quote]

All of the big UK retailers and listing them under 2013 limited edition

Interesting