Why become a member? ×

Status Stealth

ash

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1379352395' post='2211618']
Yeh, it's a Stealth II. Seems a shame for the seller. Going to go for a song just because he can't be bothered putting a new tuner on it and a new set of strings.
[/quote]

Looking at it, he appears to be some kind of pawn broker?

I saw this as soon as it came up for auction, the starting price was £0.99 :o

As Bassbus said, if you'd have fixed the tuner and added another string, this would have gotten you another £500, I reckon. But yes, looks like some sort of pawn broker / debt collector, so unlikely to know what they're missing out on.

Managed to get in touch with the seller - forwarded the crime reference number and the officer dealing with the case so hopefully they can sort something out between them.

Its a real long shot as this happened six and a half years ago but who knows...

Need to get in touch with some old buddies and get hold of some photos of me and the bass.

Rob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1379780491' post='2216723']
Managed to get in touch with the seller - forwarded the crime reference number and the officer dealing with the case so hopefully they can sort something out between them.

Its a real long shot as this happened six and a half years ago but who knows...

Need to get in touch with some old buddies and get hold of some photos of me and the bass.

Rob
[/quote] this is so random. Hope you get it back!

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1379789152' post='2216838']
Small world, huh? :)
[/quote]

It is a small world... without basschat I would never have found out about it!

[quote name='rob_89' timestamp='1379881865' post='2217832']
Anything happened with this ? Was watching the auction...
[/quote]

It's with the police now they are chasing it up with all parties involved. I'm not holding out too much hope to be honest Its going to be very difficult to prove it was mine as the shop I bought it from is long gone...as is the receipt...

I have managed to get into contact with an old friend who took some photos one rehearsal we did years back and apperantely she still has them on her computer so hopefully I'll get something through today. At least I will have some photos of me with a Stealth II 5 string, the problem I fear will be proving that that exact one was mine. The real clincher will be if I can find the missing tuner and winding mechanism....now where on earth would I have put that.

A quick thumbs up for the police though. Even though this was years ago I was treated very professionally when I rang up and the various departments phoned me back when they said they would... very positive.

Rob

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='rob_89' timestamp='1379921687' post='2218127']
Fingers crossed for you bud i hope you reach a positive result
[/quote]

Thanks man, who knows...

The worse thing about these photos is that the bass looks the same but I'm much younger, thinner and with considerably more hair.... Its proving that that is me that might be the problem... :blink:

Rob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1379966607' post='2218934']
I have dug out an image of me with the bass many moons ago... Its not a lot but its a start.

[attachment=144400:IMG_2979.JPG]

Rob
[/quote]

Did you report it stolen at the time?

Just wondering how you would be able to show that it was stolen if not.

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1380232331' post='2222748']
Did you report it stolen at the time?

Just wondering how you would be able to show that it was stolen if not.
[/quote]

This is going to be my problem. I'm not holding out too much hope of getting it back but thought I might as well try anyway.

I've given the police the details of everyone involved and the ebay seller has not dispatched the bass and is holding on to it whilst they go through their records to find out who sold it to them. They appear to be a kind of pawn shop and they have said they've had it years so if the name they have matches the name I have given the police I guess they will try and track him down.

I have managed to source a replacement tuner from Status if I do manage to get it back.

Rob