Why become a member? ×

Alpher On Tour

CHRISDABASS

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1381329444' post='2237705']
Chris, could you please create a new thread, when you have finalised the specs, so that I can pin it as our build-diary-cum-bass-journey? This is awesome :)
[/quote]

Of course! Let the head scratching and decision making commence!! Haha :) so many cool options!! :)

[quote name='hollywoodrox' timestamp='1381428796' post='2239063']
hpw much do you assume shipping would be to each on the chain?
[/quote]

I guess if there is enough of us and we are well spread out over the country it could be done by meeting up and handing it over to the next person, there may be a few breaks in the chain due to large distances or time constraints that could be filled by couriers.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1381443983' post='2239384']
5 string fretless would be my choice as that's what I'm wanting :)
[/quote]

There you go, the jury is in, ya see!! if not too fussy, I'm not too partial to extreme looking singlecuts either, but some lovely woods would be nice.

My old Mk1 Wal fretless had olive ash facings on a mahogany core with a macassar ebony fingerboard which was as tough as steel and very slippery... That had a beautiful tone though a little on the heavy (weight) side, but thats Wal for you! Perhaps a nice combination to think about?