For Banjo

2 replies to this topic

#1 KingBollock

Godless Heathen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Annoyingly, after spending a long time getting them just right, well sort of, I have gone and lost my finger and thumb picks for my Banjo. The trouble is that I haven't picked the damn thing up in almost a year and the pick set doesn't fit in my pick tin, so they've wondered off.

This gives me an opportunity. I was never particularly happy with the thumb pick. What I really wanted was one with metal clasps but a plastic pick part. The only place I could find that did one I liked the look of was in Scarborough but I can't find them now and can't remember their name. There are some knocking about by ProPik but the clasps look a bit weedy and the parts don't look too well put together. I don't like picks with plastic clasps, they never fit me.

Does anyone know of anywhere that might sell a robust metal and plastic thumb pick in the UK? I would rather not have to import from the US.
I have an aversion to smilies. If you don't like something I've said, assume I'm being sarcastic.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

"It would be justly said, ‘quacks were the greatest liars in the world, except for their patients." - Benjamin Franklin

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.” - Richard Feynman

“Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem!" - Mitch Hedberg

#2 pete.young

Hyper elite member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Your best bet in the UK is Eagle Music in Huddersfield:

http://www.eaglemusi...umb-picks/norec

I buy all my strings and picks from them, except for bass strings.
"Just another crouton, floating on the bouillabaisse of life"

#3 Dave Vader

post-womble-deathcore hoedowns

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts
  • Interests:are things which interest you

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

I found the plastic ones bad fitting as well, but then I heated one up with a lighter for a bit, and then wrapped it round my thumb, and it's much more comfortable now after reshaping.

I know this isn't what you asked, but another option if you can't find one.
:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users