Why become a member? ×

Movember "Bass Playing Taches" Team

Mykesbass

Decided I must do Movember this year - my guitarist mate had prostate cancer last year, fortunately caught early and hopefully dealt with.

I've set up a team space on the Movember site - Bass Playing 'Taches and would love it f some of you fine folks would care to join me. I've got to loose the beard first which is going to be the first hurdle so would love some company!

Anyone who would like to get involved please sign up here: [url="http://uk.movember.com/mospace/6607589"]http://uk.movember.com/mospace/6607589[/url] and let's have a laugh whilst promoting a serious cause!

Cheers,
Mike

[Note - This thread was previously in Off Topic, hence my comment below.]

Spotted this thread by pure chance. If it could be moved to General Discussion I could tweet it to our followers and it could turn into another of our BC charity projects.
I'll see what the relevant mods think of the idea and report back.

Edited by bluejay

I've done it for a few years, but this year I'm not sure.
I need my beard for some halloween parties (at the start of Nov!).

I have found that all guys love a mouzer - woman tended to reference the village people quite often! I have no idea what they mean! :P

I think we made a couple of hundred last year, so why not dive in again. Funnily enough I was only thinking of this last night.

Last year was in honour of the droopy tache I had on the EP cover 30 years ago. This year, dear I espouse the 'Charlie Chaplin'!?

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1380887744' post='2231918']
I think we made a couple of hundred last year, so why not dive in again. Funnily enough I was only thinking of this last night.

Last year was in honour of the droopy tache I had on the EP cover 30 years ago. This year, dear I espouse the 'Charlie Chaplin'!?
[/quote]
lets see the picture!

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1380889587' post='2231957']
lets see the picture!
[/quote]Well it finished up as

Actually it ended up as £340 last year - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/190726-bc-movember-anyone/page__st__40__p__1886836__hl__movember__fromsearch__1#entry1886836"]HERE[/url]

Edited by WalMan

I'm in Bud, joined your team and will be doing my bit come Novemeber.
My Brother had a run in with Prostate Cancer over the last couple of years so this year I'll be collecting as much as I can at my gigs and from my Facebook page.

Just wondering where I tell folks to send £££££££'s if paying online etc.

B)

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1380894312' post='2232062']
I'm in Bud, joined your team and will be doing my bit come Novemeber.
My Brother had a run in with Prostate Cancer over the last couple of years so this year I'll be collecting as much as I can at my gigs and from my Facebook page.

Just wondering where I tell folks to send £££££££'s if paying online etc.

B)
[/quote]They just go to your MoPage and give online there IIRC

I've signed up again.

I joined up for this year as I just want to embarrass the tight gits at work who gave me sod all the last time I did it. I put into everyone elses' charity but they gave nowt the last time. Just because the fat bird in accounts had a better tash than me after 2 days, never mind a month. I'll beat her this year, I've bought a strimmer just in case she's in the lead again. :ph34r:[size=4] [/size]

I hope to double my last amount at least.

[quote name='Heathy' timestamp='1382291300' post='2250221']
Joined. I will be attempting to grow a 'tache in the style of Frank Zappa - you will probably have to take my word for it!
[/quote]

What's this forum's golden rule - no pics, it didn't happen!! Thanks for joining Heathy!

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1382339696' post='2250676']
What's this forum's golden rule - no pics, it didn't happen!! Thanks for joining Heathy!
[/quote]

I will submit pics - but you still may have to take my word for it!

Yours non-hirsutely

Steve