Why become a member? ×

Guitar strings for arthritic fingers

wrinkleygit

For any old wrinkleys like me out there or anyone having tendon or carpel tunnel problems struggling to play there old acoustic guitars, I have just discovered Newtone Strings Heritage Series, they string up at less tension when tuned to pitch,( they publish the poundage figures on there website) I have just restrung my old resonator with a set of 13's & the difference between the old national set & the newtones is a big improvement in playability, Newtone should also be commended on their customer service & email response, putting many of the "name" brands to shame, the last email I had ended with the words " let us know if there is anything special you need & we will make a set for you", definitely a small UK company that deserves our support, mike b.

• 7 months later...

[indent=1]i'm a total Newtone Fanboy, the heritage strings are the finest i've ever used, i was a d'addario user for many years then went over to DR which were better than the D'addario but the newtone heritage are the finest i've come across, i use the 12's and buy them 10 sets at a time, i've been known to give them away to friends as well and most of them convert over as well.[/indent]

[indent=1]If they're good enough for Gordon Giltrap then they're good enough for me. as a bonus when you buy them in bulk they work out less than buying D'addario/rotosound/whatever at a shop (if my local shop stocked newtone then i'd buy them there, i have asked and he's looking into stocking them)[/indent]

[indent=1]Matt[/indent]

Just about to get some new strings for my Atkin acoustic.
Not very impressed with the Cleartone strings I have on it at the moment so I might well try some of these.

Best strings I've tried on it so far have been Thomastick Spectrums. Used to use DRs on my Fylde but the quality was so inconsistent that I stopped buying them (my local shop actually stopped stocking them due to the number of complaints they received about them).