Why become a member? ×

Cotswold Bass Guitars

JapanAxe

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've just traded my Roscoe Beck V for a very clean, and well set up De Luxe Precision V with David of Cotswold Bass Guitars, just this week. I decided to go to his home, which is also his showroom at the moment near Stroud to make the exchange, and couldn't have been made to feel more welcome. A very unhurried and pleasant deal. He has some really nice stock at the moment, which are very well set up. I have no problems recommending him at all, although if you decide to visit, you will definitely need a good sat nav!!
I have no connection with him by the way.
Graham

• 2 years later...

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1454875577' post='2973858']
I always find these statements funny. I wonder just how high a percentage of all macs are now bitcoin mines without the owner's knowledge because of this assumption…
[/quote]

I ran MacScan last week but no bitcoin mines came up. Perhaps I should be worried...

[quote name='Risk101' timestamp='1454875355' post='2973851']
David MacGregor is a top bloke. Just bought a really nice Shuker off him, in a very smooth transaction. I would say he is an "old school" type, man of his word etc, so would say you can deal in confidence 😄
[/quote]

I'm not aware of Cotswold Bass Guitars, where are they based?

I have bought a bass from this chap about 2 years ago and I was very pleased. I've never met him or even visited his place. I bought a 1986 Fender Jazz Special from him and he provided first class service and it was a hassle free transaction. I use the bass all the time and its been gigged loads and never let me down.I would use him again.

I always find these statements funny.....

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1454875577' post='2973858']
I always find these statements funny. I wonder just how high a percentage of all macs are now bitcoin mines without the owner's knowledge because of this assumption…
[/quote]

.......uh, I'd assume none!

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1454876554' post='2973874']
I ran MacScan last week but no bitcoin mines came up. Perhaps I should be worried...
[/quote]

I certainly wouldn't be worried :-) .......and what's this got to do with CBG....a very nice selection of gear & a useful heads up on what looks to be a good shop!

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1455059955' post='2975632']
Oh lordy, an April '65 Jazz... not just a YOB bass, but a MOB bass. *whimper*

[/quote]

I suppose it wouldn't help to track down the QC inspector of the time who wrote the final tick on it the instant you were brought wailing into the world (even allowing for time difference.)

[quote name='Daz39' timestamp='1455105995' post='2975879']
I suppose it wouldn't help to track down the QC inspector of the time who wrote the final tick on it the instant you were brought wailing into the world (even allowing for time difference.)
[/quote]

Aye. That bass is an SOB.

• 11 months later...