Why become a member? ×

Modulus basses are no more.

ambient

IME websites for defunct companies stay up until either the domain name of the web hosting runs out and no-one renews it.

It costs time and money and you need the people who have access to the servers/passwords. Getting something like this done for a company that has gone out of business is normally a long, long way down the list of priorities.

• 3 weeks later...

Was going to start a new thread. But found this in the search.

I want to know what is happening, if anything? The last rumour I read was that they are going through changes blah blah blah, however I couldn't find their website and it seems rather odd for a domain to just disappear. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

• 2 weeks later...

As an owner of a Flea bass and keen admirer of Modulus, I have been following the developments closely recently and I emailed SMART Distribution, the UK Modulus dealer, to see if they had heard anything. They informed me that:

1) For anyone after a Flea bass (FU) they have 1 more left in stock
2) Regarding the Modulus situation, I was informed they may be undergoing business restructuring but all is still a bit unknown.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pity, I've got a Modulus Q4 and it's the best bass I've ever played. Saying that I've never had a shot of a Zon, Fodera, Sadowsky etc

Wish I had got a 5 string at the time though. Still the graphite neck is amazing.

Also liked how the didn't seem to flood the market with about 40 different models, just stuck to the few designs.

Edited by White Zombie

• 1 year later...