Why become a member? ×

Dirty Loops' first original number

xilddx

[quote name='Josh' timestamp='1382643190' post='2255014']
I must be in the minority of those who these guys do absolutely nothing for. Polished technique and slick production and arranging, but it's just too much for me to enjoy both as a musician and general listener.
[/quote]
no you are not. doesn't touch me at all this time. :(

Our guitarist is well into these.

I am vey impressed technically, but I won't choose to listen to it. It bores me to be honest.

But it say again, there is some mighty talent on show.

However, today I have been teaching the solo at the end of Dire Straits, Tunnel Of Love. Knopfler uses such feel and taste, and it is not that hard technically. But it MOVES me. And that is MUSIC.

in my opinion, obv.

Carry on

[quote name='Josh' timestamp='1382643190' post='2255014']
I must be in the minority of those who these guys do absolutely nothing for. Polished technique and slick production and arranging, but it's just too much for me to enjoy both as a musician and general listener.
[/quote]
Doesn't do lot for me either.

Not much funk in there either to my ears.

Edited by BetaFunk

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1382644177' post='2255038']

However, today I have been teaching the solo at the end of Dire Straits, Tunnel Of Love. Knopfler uses such feel and taste, and it is not that hard technically. But it MOVES me. And that is MUSIC.

[/quote]

Dirty Loops aren't really my thing either. Some of their stuff is great but its not something I'd choose to put on. However, I'd pick them all day every day over the absolute codswallop crap that is Dire Straits ;)

I love how tight they are although they're so tight with the stabs at times its bordering on OCD. I think they will gain more respect doing their own material than rehashing other songs because not all the songs they've played fit into their playing style. I wish the bass was fatter in the mix because the keyboards and drums seem to dominate everything which is a shame because Henrik is doing some interesting stuff..

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1382643768' post='2255027']
I would love it if this sort of thing ended up on radio one.
[/quote]

I agree, best place for it...I don't listen to radio 1.

A demonstration by technically gifted people indulging in showboating and making music completely soulless.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1382650144' post='2255146']
I agree, best place for it...I don't listen to radio 1.

A demonstration by technically gifted people indulging in showboating and making music completely soulless.
[/quote] the technical gifting is a step up from most the stuff on the radio....