Why become a member? ×

First time out with Dean Pace (eub!)

Hi!

Interesting day today. I've had my Dean eub for around a year; used it in some latin/funk rehearsals with a project that never really took off, but today, I took it along to our regular `jazz breakfast' gig and got on very well! I normally play safe and take a Vigier so I thought it about time to take the plunge. Our guitarist is one of east anglia's top guitarists and double/electric bass players (anyone know Louis Thorne - he writes for Guitar Buyer mag) and he was very complimentary about the bass and my playing (I'm considered an electric only player and jazz is one area that I'm not brilliant at - brilliant at everything else like! Hehe!)

I picked the Dean up on Ebay for £300 - as new plus stand and fitted case - anyone else use one?

Nick

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='224595' date='Jun 22 2008, 11:21 PM']anyone else use one?[/quote]
I used to have one, but sold it as it wasn't getting any use after I got an NS 5 string. The Dean was lovely to play, The original strings that came on it weren't up to much and I reallt liked the tone from using TI jazz flatwound strings. I used JF344 on mine as I already had a spare set, but JF354 would probably fit better because ofthe 35" scale. Also A cheap & cheerful Behringer v-tone acoustic adi21 preamp pedal warmed up the sound really well.

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='224905' date='Jun 23 2008, 12:02 PM']ad 121 sounds like a pretty good idea![/quote]
If you try one with your pace i'm sure it'll knock your socks off. It made mine sound all cupboardy (and I mean that in in a good way). Unfortunately when I sold my Pace I made the mistake of recommending the ADI21 and showing the difference it made and the chap insisted that I include it in the deal.