Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz bargains?

Mace

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1384435668' post='2276628']
Just a wonder, GAK replied saying all of the cabs they get through now are MIM. So are the ones from Bass Direct USA ones or have some random old stock USA ones been sent out from the dusty store cupboards lol?

Also just wondering CamdenRob how do the MIM and USA built cabs compare in the finer details? Asking out of interest tbh, I'm sure they sound great whoever made them!

Afaik the covers are made in Batley, West Yorkshire.
[/quote]

They looked identical when I had a brief look over them last night, no difference in sound either (only tested at moderate volume). I will have a look at the long screws thing tonight and get some pics if I can.

The USA one came from Bassdirect and the Mex from GAK. they were packaged differently as well, same box but the foam cutouts were different for each cab, which inatially made me think they were from different factories.

Apparently my first cover arrived this morning so I'll have a check over that as well tonight.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1384424876' post='2276472']
You are of course correct.... My main niggle is the position of the handles... who's idea was that? a single one at the back of the top would have made it much easier to wheel around and one half way up each side would have made it easier to carry.
[/quote]

Probably some Mexicans idea
:ph34r:

But don't knock it - remember they invented burritos too

Edited by Mudpup

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1384437133' post='2276655']
They looked identical when I had a brief look over them last night, no difference in sound either (only tested at moderate volume). I will have a look at the long screws thing tonight and get some pics if I can.

The USA one came from Bassdirect and the Mex from GAK. they were packaged differently as well, same box but the foam cutouts were different for each cab, which inatially made me think they were from different factories.

Apparently my first cover arrived this morning so I'll have a check over that as well tonight.
[/quote]

Cheers, would be appreciated B)

[/quote]

By Mexicans

I shall now graciously retire to monitor this thread from a distance before I get carried away with any more Mexican malarkeyism

Just a wonder, GAK replied saying all of the cabs they get through now are MIM. So are the ones from Bass Direct USA ones or have some random old stock USA ones been sent out from the dusty store cupboards lol?

Also just wondering CamdenRob how do the MIM and USA built cabs compare in the finer details? Asking out of interest tbh, I'm sure they sound great whoever made them!

[/quote]

Mine was the very first one GAK got in from the shipment...about a week before the rest.

It's extremely well made and finished very well. I need to double check the date but to be honest, it is flawless so I'm not bothered.

The prices on these did drop from £750-760 to about £710 about 12 months ago. Might be a cheaper labour reflection?

[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1384438477' post='2276677']
Tip:

Take off your grill & make sure all the screws under there are solid - I found every one took a bit of a turn to feel tight & 2 or 3 took a few! Tighten the horn too..... and the corner protectors..... and the back plate!!

Otherwise, fine!

G.
[/quote]

LOL :D

Who else here owns a streamliner? how do you find it? Check out my other thread here... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/222337-what-do-you-think-of-my-idea/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/222337-what-do-you-think-of-my-idea/[/url] to see what I might try and do with it in this situation. Thankful for any further feedback.

Just noticed Bassdirect bumped the price from:
[font=Helvetica-Light, Helvetica][size=3]1 x NX2 212T cabinet + STL9.2 amplifier -[/size][/font][color=#B71A15][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3] £898[/size][/font][/color]
to:
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Light, Helvetica][size=3]1 x NX2 212T cabinet + STL9.2 amplifier -[/size][/font][/color][color=#B71A15][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3] £999[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Light, Helvetica][size=1] [/size][/font][/color][font="Helvetica-Light, Helvetica"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Yesterday or today. [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Helvetica-Light, Helvetica"][size="2"][color="#000000"]I was lucky I decided to act on Monday :yarr:[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='michinho' timestamp='1384444212' post='2276791']
Who else here owns a streamliner? how do you find it? Check out my other thread here... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/222337-what-do-you-think-of-my-idea/"]http://basschat.co.u...ink-of-my-idea/[/url] to see what I might try and do with it in this situation. Thankful for any further feedback.
[/quote]
Yes calling all Streamliner users.Any reliability issues? Need an amp to power the NX2-212 and considering the Streamliner but the Tecamp puma 900 is also a possibility

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1384450735' post='2276908']

Yes calling all Streamliner users.Any reliability issues? Need an amp to power the NX2-212 and considering the Streamliner but the Tecamp puma 900 is also a possibility
[/quote]

I have heard about a dodgy batch of LEDs earlier on, and some report the pots crackling when turned.
Mine was fine and worked perfectly all the time.

Depends what you want for your money.

I can see why you would be expected to pay top dollar for kit made in the west, but I don't like to pay that for stuff from the East
when the difference/savings goes to the shareholders.

If the kit is £370 from the off, then you know you have cheap... not necc bad, but cheap..!!
You reconcile whether you'll go for it...but when the price is top dollar/high... then I think you are entirely right to be critical...

An £800 plus cab should not be flawed...IMO ..and appear knocked up in 30 mins with poor execution.
How hard is it to order/use the right screws, for example..

Talking generally here.

OK comparison time... The issue with the handle screws is obvious from the photos. Not sure whats going on with the foam at the bottom though? I have some in the US made cab but not the Mex one? I couldn't be bothered to take it all apart and find out... Anyway, small cosmetic niggles aside, I have two super loud, super light, great sounding cabs so I'm certainly not going to be sending anything back!

Mexican handle,

US handle,

Mexican floor,

US floor,

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1384501761' post='2277345']
I feel quite lucky that I don't see any of that on mine. Mind you, the foam material is not an issue...
[/quote]

Well you can't see any of it with the naked eye, its only the camera flash that lights it up... Its not really a concern to me, I just thought I'd have a look as others had mentioned it.

Still great cabs :)