Why become a member? ×

Busy rock/pop party cover band seeks bass player in Berkshire

frontman

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Hi,[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Our band, !daft!, is looking for a bass player and we wondered if you might like to take a look at us?[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]!daft! is party rock/pop cover band established for around 15 years in the East Berkshire/Home Counties area. We are aged 22-40 and play to a high standard in a fun and engaging way. We play a range of upbeat party tracks from the 60’s - today, we know the standards but we also have a few wildcards and interesting tracks we do too. [/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial]We have our own sound and light team too who make our gigs a lot easier for us as musicians and helps us give a higher than average standard of production.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]We are well known in our area and have around 2,300 facebook fans who keep in touch with us as well as many repeat customers both corporate and private, and we play approx. 60 gigs per year - some pubs, clubs, hotels, weddings, parties and functions. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]We would like someone to join us permanently, unfortunately we are not looking for deps, but someone to come and join the band and be part of the tight, fun and busy outfit that we are. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]If you can play well in a rocky and upbeat way, would like to be busy and be available nearly every weekend then we would love to hear from you.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]If you have any interest in looking at this opportunity please see [/size][/font][/color][url="http://www.facebook.com/daftcoverband"][color=#1155CC][font=Arial][size=4][u]www.facebook.com/daftcoverband[/u][/size][/font][/color][/url][color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4] or [/size][/font][/color][url="http://www.daftonline.co.uk"][color=#1155CC][font=Arial][size=4][u]www.daftonline.co.uk[/u][/size][/font][/color][/url][color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4], or contact me on 07768 355556 or [/size][/font][/color][email="[email protected]"][color=#1155CC][font=Arial][size=4][u][email protected][/u][/size][/font][/color][/email][color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4].[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Many thanks.[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by frontman

I help out at a bass specific music shop that's in your catchment area. If you have a bassist wanted posted I can get it displayed in the showroom for you :)

Also, just a friendly bit of advice - your front page image says you're now taking bookings for 2012 and 2013, probably needs a quick update. Also the, all important, media page music demos don't appear to load on a mobile device like iPad or iPhone - site may need re-formatting for mobile given the increasing usage of these to access music sites.

Looks like it's in Wordpress and there's quite a few easy to use free plug-ins around to allow music to play in pretty much any browser :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1383866730' post='2270336']
I help out at a bass specific music shop that's in your catchment area. If you have a bassist wanted posted I can get it displayed in the showroom for you :)

Also, just a friendly bit of advice - your front page image says you're now taking bookings for 2012 and 2013, probably needs a quick update. Also the, all important, media page music demos don't appear to load on a mobile device like iPad or iPhone - site may need re-formatting for mobile given the increasing usage of these to access music sites.

Looks like it's in Wordpress and there's quite a few easy to use free plug-ins around to allow music to play in pretty much any browser :)
[/quote]
Thanks very much for the offer of help with the ad! We are actually getting a load of enquiries at the moment so I think we may be ok for a little while with the online efforts but if these don't produce anything I would love to come back to you?

Noted re the website. I am actually building a new responsive site at the moment to be ready for 2014 which will address the issues you mentioned and more :)

[quote name='frontman' timestamp='1383920112' post='2270828']
Thanks very much for the offer of help with the ad! We are actually getting a load of enquiries at the moment so I think we may be ok for a little while with the online efforts but if these don't produce anything I would love to come back to you?

Noted re the website. I am actually building a new responsive site at the moment to be ready for 2014 which will address the issues you mentioned and more :)
[/quote]

Any time - just let me know :)

Site load times were very slow as well - that's worth looking at. Could be large image sizes.

Hope you find someone soon :)

• 2 weeks later...