Why become a member? ×

Roland Edirol PCR 50 - how?

Telebass

Right,this may take a bit of explaining.
I'm assuming you know its a controller keyboard, in that it has NO on board sounds?
Which means you need to have some Virtual software instrument plug ins for whatever sequencer you're using, and route the controller to them.
If I've lost you already let me know and we can break it down into chunks.
MM

Ok, I use cubase as my main sequencer and for that you can get a plethora of virtual software instruments.
Most of these have self installation packages so getting them installed isn't a big chore.
Once they're on your system, you open your DAW software and go to the virtual instruments panel,different for whatever DAW you use but easy enough to find.
Basically, you select your instrument from a list, click on it and load it.
You can load as many of these different makes and models as you think your system can handle, they do eat a bit of memory.
Now, in the column or area where you assign the midi output and input for the Chanel you want the sound sound available for,
the instrument will be available as an OUTPUT option,so you select it.
Now if your controller is installed properly also, your DAW software will see it as an INPUT option,so you select that.
Now, if you got all that routing right, when you hit a key, you should hear the virtual sound module.
There's usually a visual indicator to show midi input activity, so even if you hear nothing, you can see whether that's working, before going on to sort your output.
Once you've sorted that basic setup, you can make a template where you have say 10 midi chans all routed to see the controller as input, and a couple of basic sounds pre loaded, so you can get that idea down quickly.

Any questions ask away, but am off on tour tomorrow so I might take a while answer.
MM