Why become a member? ×

South west meeting?

0175westwood29

As the co-organiser last year I somehow thought it was early on this year, but on checking it was around this date last year! Too late for this w/e and possibly a bit near Xmas now. I'm thinking early next year, say mid Jan: what are people's thoughts?....I know 10 bassists, 10 different opinions! I'll have no trouble with getting the same venue if people are cool with that assuming it's around here. So proposed date if held around here could be Sunday Jan 19th 2014. Thoughts?

Edited by yorks5stringer

It has been suggested we call it a Dorset and Somerset ( or Somerset and Dorset, I'm not fussed) Bash so if anyone further West wants to have a S.W. or Devon and Cornwall one then that is fine. I think I'll start a separate thread or things will just get messy. Bye! Now pinned at top.

Edited by yorks5stringer

• 3 weeks later...

Well there's a local pub in Nailsea (just off the M5) where they don't mind us making a racket. They do the usual Sunday meals/bar stuff but have a nice long room at the back with good access from the car park. If there is reasonable interest I'll make some inquiries.

If you bring your Sandburg that would be cool as I always wanted to see a KT.

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1386774435' post='2304331']
Nailsea is nearly in Scotland! You have to remember, it's all cross-country down here in ciderland.
[/quote]
Hmm maybe we should have a cider meeting instead?
Seriously I'd rather attend than arrange so whatever

• 2 weeks later...