Why become a member? ×

Dorset and Somerset Bass Bash 2014: Post Event Critique

yorks5stringer

• 2 weeks later...

Right, it's a month to the Bass Bash. Can those of you who have not yet indicated if they are going to come please do , so I can get an idea of numbers please? I've got it at 8 so far....

Re Mark Bass gear, I'll bring my new TTE 500 RJ head and NY 151 RJ cab if people are interested...? Also my Warwick 5 String Star Bass.

Re a Guest Speaker, I'm contacting local Luthiers, no confirmed name yet however. Also may have a surprise Bass Importer too....

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' timestamp='1389530926' post='2335100']
It was nice to meet everyone who came to the Gallifrey bassbash next year.
[/quote]

Damn, I missed that. ;)

Put myself and possibly Pinball down for it (providing we're free that weekend). I'll bring my Yamaha TRBX - I'm sure a few of you are keen to try those out and also my basses that I will have for sale :) (I'll pay the Basschat £20 selling fee before I go though.)

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1390521650' post='2346524']
Put myself and possibly Pinball down for it (providing we're free that weekend). I'll bring my Yamaha TRBX - I'm sure a few of you are keen to try those out and also my basses that I will have for sale :) (I'll pay the Basschat £20 selling fee before I go though.)
[/quote]
I'll take my Farida Hypersonic and maybe my Sandberg or Surveyor, depending on car space and what others are bringing

Edited by Pinball

I may be able to make it - I cannot commit anymore than that at the moment :(

If I do, I could bring along the Aggie DB750 & DB112 cabs if anyone's interested? [s]& also the BF Super 12T?[/s] Now sold to deaver

Edited by Thor

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1390571866' post='2347015']
Update: I will have the new Markbass Stereo Multiamp and a couple of cabs to play with.... very interesting piece of kit!
[/quote]

What with my RJ rig too, maybe I should see if someone from the Markbass distributors will come down...?

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' timestamp='1390576506' post='2347127']
I'm nagging a couple of none members to attend , I'm sure you'll all make them feel at home (after the usual humiliating/painful/degrading initiation ceremony.)
[/quote]

I'll bring a knife, an apron and a goat then....

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' timestamp='1390576506' post='2347127']
I'm nagging a couple of none members to attend , I'm sure you'll all make them feel at home (after the usual humiliating/painful/degrading initiation ceremony.)
[/quote]

Is that the one that makes them buy 4 more basses than they think they need to own? :)

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1390917071' post='2351225']
If anybody has any suggestions for a 5 string bass which looks 60's ish (as long as it isn't a rick!), and they can bring for me to try I'd be very interested!
[/quote]

Ahem, does this photo tickle your fancy?

[attachment=153501:P1030678.JPG]

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1390917981' post='2351245']
Maybe you could ask them then, and they could bring down some [s]Indonesian [/s]top quality Italian gear...?
[/quote]

I have raised that particular thread with them. Its not my place to comment as also just a consumer, but I believe a proper answer may be forthcoming soon...

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1391526152' post='2358140']
Bash Update News

Local Luthier Ben Crowe will be joining us on the day, bringing a Perspex Bass he built for Charlie Jones and a selection of the set-up tools he sells on his website:http://crimsonguitars.com/ . He will happily answer questions so we'll do a little Q&A session too.
[/quote]

Good call Keith, that's a nice coup. Crimson guitars are brilliant!