Why become a member? ×

NS Design NXT 4 EUB Amber Burst in great condition
£800

Hi All

Long time without being here as I've been busy with my 'new' daughter (she is almost 3 now!), work and trying to play more instead of endlessly reading about basses here! :)

I bought a NS Design just over 2 years ago as my 40th birthday treat from bass direct and has had very little use (12 times?) at home. his is bass is in great, as new condition, have even kept it in bubble wrap inside the soft case!

For those of you not familiar with this bass, it sounds great, looks beautiful and is very easy to play and hence a great entry into the world of EUBs, I just don't have the time to play it and am more keen into playing the guitar for the kind of music I am making.

Unfortunately for me (and luckily for you) this bass has to go as I am looking to buy a guitar (I know... :unsure: )

Pictures to follow soon but it looks exactly as any other!

Collection is preferred, I am based in West London W11 very near to Ladbroke Grove Station. You can come and try it. I am usually around evening and weekends. Delivery can be considered.

Get in touch if you are interested.

In case you have a guitar to trade I am interested in semi-hollow Gibson 339 style and will consider others.

Full description of the web:
[color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]The NXT Series Double Bass opens up a new horizon for the serious bassist looking to play a great instrument on a limited budget. These new instruments, crafted in the Czech Republic by the makers of the renowned CR Series, exemplify flawless workmanship at an incredible value.[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]Pizzicato and arco techniques have almost unlimited expressive potential, thanks to the Polar™ Pickup System (SEE BELOW). A convenient switch allows selection of the traditional arco mode for percussive attack and dynamic bowed response, or pizzicato mode for a smooth, sustained tone. Equipped with single volume and tone controls, the passive electronics deliver unlimited overhead for the ultimate sound without cumbersome batteries.[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated ebony fingerboard, deliver a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. Asymmetrical fingerboard relief facilitates an even 'growl' from the higher strings and a clear, powerful lower register. The adjustable bridge and truss rod allow for low, fast action, or for higher string settings that encourage the traditional acoustic player to 'dig in' with gusto.[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]NS Electric Strings and most traditional acoustic strings fit all NS Double Basses, allowing the player to select from a wide range, each with a unique sound a feel. In combination with the easy adjustment of basic set-up parameters, the NXT Series Bass is adaptable to many different styles of music. [/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]A wide array of interchangeable support systems make the NXT Double Bass adaptable to virtually any situation. Standard equipment includes a self-supporting tripod stand with full adjustments for height and angle. A more traditional end pin stand is available, as well as shoulder strap options that allow for full mobility.[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Oblique, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][i]NXT SERIES 4-String Double Bass:[/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3] SPECIFICATIONS[/size][/font][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Length:[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][size=3] 132 cm (52") [/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Weight:[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][size=3] 4.8 kg (10.5 lbs.) [/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Scale Length:[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][size=3] 106 cm (41.73") [/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Construction:[/size][/font][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]Solid beech wood neck and body, flamed maple face veneer.[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Fingerboard:[/size][/font][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]Rosewood 43.1 mm (1.7") wide at the nut 89.0 mm (3.5") maximum width.[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bridge:[/size][/font][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]Rock maple (dyed black) radius 7.9 cm (3.1") String spacing 80 mm (3.14").[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Nut:[/size][/font][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]Macassar Ebony radius 7.9 cm (3.1") String spacing 31 mm (1.22").[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Polar Pickup System:[/size][/font][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]The directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either vertical vibration (for the sustained plucked sound, like an electric bass guitar), or lateral vibration (for dynamic bowing, and a percussive plucked sound).[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Flight Case: (Optional)[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][size=3] Aluminium-edged plywood.[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Truss Rod:[/size][/font][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]Powerful rod design provides positive relief adjustment, accessible at nut.[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Tuning Machines:[/size][/font][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]Fully encased worm gear tuners (black finish).[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Finish:[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][size=3] Gloss Polymer. [/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Strings[/size][/font][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]Light tension flatwound steel strings are standard. Accommodates all NS length strings and most long scale acoustic double bass strings.[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Tripod Stand: (Standard)[/size][/font][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]Black steel, fully adjustable, standing tripod design. Weight 3.2 kg (7 lbs).[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]End Pin Stand: (Optional)[/size][/font][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]Offers full freedom of movement. Height, tilt and "right bout" angle are fully adjustable providing a more conventional feel. Weight 2.3 kg (5 lbs).[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Shoulder Strap System: (Optional)[/size][/font][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]Guitar style shoulder strap for full mobility.[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Gig Bag: (Standard)[/size][/font][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[i][color=#000000][size=3]Padded gig bag with integrated bow pocket, handle and backpack style strap. External pockets for stands and accessories.[/size][/color][/i][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by carlitos71

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm wondering if anyone has had a go changing the stock tuners on their NXT. I just got one today and I'm really happy with the bass, replaced the stock strings with some old spiracores and I'm getting pretty close to the sound of my upright using the arco setting even for pizz. I noticed too that the tuners are a bit weedy and fiddly and discovered that these guys sell hipshot ultralites for it, though I cant tell which model for sure:

http://www.gollihurmusic.com/product/2239-HIPSHOT_ULTRALITE_TUNING_MACHINES_FOR_NXT_AND_WAV4_ELECTRIC_UPRIGHT_BASS.html

Has anyone had any experience with this? My stock tuners are fine for now though in future I might consider replacing them.

Cheers

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...