Why become a member? ×

New Atlas Galaxy Shark Bass.

jazzyvee

I bought a bass from the Northern Guitar Show in Liverpool yesterday. It's an atlas galaxy shark bass.
35"scale. It's hand made in Thailand with i think Ash body and Walnut top with accents of maple and ebony. It also has an ebony fretboard.
The bass has 3 band eq bass middle and treble balance and volume. Not sure what the switch is but presume it is passive active switch. The electronics aren't that flexible really compared to what I've been used to but the build quality looks fine so far. My plan is to replace the electronics with the East/ACG filters that currently reside in my Alembic bass which will then go back to it's standard Europa electronics. So that should give the bass a sound that I feel I can work with.

I just wondered if anyone has any experience with these basses.

[url="http://www.guitarandpickup.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=photo_view&event_id=8727"]http://www.guitarand...w&event_id=8727[/url]

Jazzyvee
[attachment=149170:IMG_1959.jpg]
[attachment=149169:IMG_1960.jpg]

Edited by jazzyvee

• 11 months later...

I've just got back from a trip to East Electronics.I've now got two sets of ACG EQ02 Modules [font=Oxygen][color=#919191](low and high pass for each pickup)[/color][/font] into this bass. I had installed them myself but was having problems with interference and noise. So after taking the bass to a local guitar tech to have it screened and that not resolving the issues, I took it to John and now everything works fine. Its great improvement on the standard Artec electronics and far more versatile as you would expect. Maybe because it's a bolt on bass but it sounds more punchy in this bass than my neck through bass that it was in previously and with that rich deep emphasis i can put on the bottom end from the LP filters I plan to try it out as my primary reggae/dub bass.

Edited by jazzyvee