Why become a member? ×

Ezdrummer £18.50 this weekend

Lee-Man

OK, firstly apologies for not saying THANK YOU earlier for the heads-up. Secondly... I'm just having my first play with it and I've watched the two-minute introduction video. Now, when I fire up Toontrack Solo and a loop into Garageband, as in the video, it,s a MIDI loop which plays using Garageband's sounds rather than EZD's sounds. So how do I get to use EZD's sounds from within my DAW?

(I suspect the answer is that I can't do it with Garageband - but I will be able to use it as a plugin with ProTools, which I have on my main recording PC).

You can do it with GarageBand no problem. It's been a while since I used GB but if you can add EZ Drummer to a channel as an effect/virtual instrument it will play using EZ Drummer's kit.

(You can drag the midi files onto tracks with any other instrument too. I created a fun tune by doing that by accident.)

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1385852011' post='2292959']
You can do it with GarageBand no problem. It's been a while since I used GB but if you can add EZ Drummer to a channel as an effect/virtual instrument it will play using EZ Drummer's kit.

(You can drag the midi files onto tracks with any other instrument too. I created a fun tune by doing that by accident.)
[/quote]

Thanks!

Yep , Thanks a big one on that, I use(d) the free version for ages but had issues on 64bit Reaper and it made the whole process a right pain, This one is brilliant , plays straight off, so many options , the mixer is ace and the whole shebang is really intuitive .

I even got a phone call from the states checking that everything went well with the purchase :o , excellent .

• 3 months later...

Belated thanks to Lee-Man.

Downloaded EZ drummer back in November, top stuff, thanks mate. Pity that particular offer has finished !

Agree with above comments r.e. Sweetwater great customer care.

Received this from Toontack last week ......

[color=#7f7f7f][size=4]All through March and April*, EZdrummer expansions (EZXs) are 40–50% off. Visit the Toontrack webshop or your local dealer to get your hands on some of the finest drums ever recorded.[/size][/color]

Chose the Funkmasters expansion pack ( the one featuring Clyde Stubblefield and Jabo Starks ) for $39.99 from Sweetwater.

You get the product key by almost immediate email, whichever expansion pack you choose is then available to download from your Toontrack account.

Like Ray had follow up emails to check everything was ok.