Why become a member? ×

Damaged Solo 3rd and 4th going spare... Fancy a try?

PaulKing

I play 140B solo gauge 3rd & 4th detuned to concert, for a fine match with gut G & D (at least on one bass....). For slapping, jump blues.

For low tension, low sustain gut-like thump, with far better definition and punch than most gut-alternatives, a perfectly passable soft click that matches gut nicely, and none of that artificial boink of some nylon strings, it's a fine choice for blues and swing and roots slapping that not many people think of trying.

I've just replaced them on my King Mortone because foolishly I over-coiled mine while I trialled another string ... And the windings kinked in a couple of places on both strings. DAMN!

So now I have 2 damaged strings, worth £60 odd .... If anyone fancies trying them on for size, drop me a line.

They are not a permanent solution, coz the kinked windings will score your fingerboard ... But they could give you a sense of how these cool strings sound before you decide to buy.