Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Jazz Bass Plus Custom Shop '91 SOLD
£1100

koval123

Price or trade value: £500
Up for sale is a really special bass guitar. Some time ago I have purchased what seemed to be Fender Jazz Bass Plus with no S/N and no proper JB Plus logo on the headstock and with odd black pickguard installed. After taking off the neck I discovered that it was a Fender Custom Shop order.
[size=4]The neck, dated 26JUL1991, is made of one-piece flat-sawn maple and looks like something between Jazz and Precision type with width at nut of 1[sup]5[/sup]/[sub]8[/sub] “ (41,3 mm). It has oil finish and ebony Fretboard with only side-markers present. There are “Fender Custom Shop” and "Hector Montes" stamps on the heel, and also "40th Annv." and "Stu Hamm" notes in red ink.[/size]
[size=4]The body is made of ash and besides the pickguard - which was just lying on the top without being firmly attached - it is a regular JB Plus body with Kubicki pre-amp. In the neck slot there is "A. Murillo" stamp and "Stu Hamm" note in red ink.[/size]
[size=4]The only modifications I made was removing the pickguard (still have it) and installing a Hipshot D-tuner that makes the bass even more versatile.[/size]
[size=4]Everything indicates that it is most likely Stu Hamm's Fender Custom Shop order, maybe even his first signature model prototype (at least its long-scale attempt)? I have asked Fender Customer Service this question but since there is no S/N they were not able to help me identify the instrument. They also claimed that there is no record for Custom Shop orders made over 1991. I have also asked Mr Stu Hamm if he recognizes the bass but apparently he is too busy to answer – to date there was no feedback from his side. Anyways – it is surely a great sounding and looking guitar for your consideration.[/size]
[size=4]It comes along with used Tolex HSC in which I got the bass from the USA.[/size] It carries some dings and small scratches but generally it's [size=4]in a very good shape.[/size]
[size=4]Here are the pics:[/size]
[attachment=159596:stu1.jpg] [attachment=159597:stu2.jpg] [attachment=159598:stu3a.jpg] [attachment=159599:stu5.jpg] [attachment=159600:stu6a.jpg] [attachment=159601:stu8a.jpg] [attachment=159602:stu9.jpg]

[size=4]Updated price is £500, shipping to UK will cost additional £30[/size]
[size=4]Thanks for looking![/size]

Edited by koval123

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...