Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash, Saturday 27th September: NEW INFO!

silverfoxnik

It's pretty probable that I won't be able to make it either - my debit card has been cloned (no money was taken thankfully, but a lot of incorrect attempts at my pin means my card was locked). The card has now been cancelled, so I can't get money out or buy petrol until my new card arrives.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='292983' date='Sep 26 2008, 06:32 PM']John East needs to use a really transparent rig to demonstrate his pre-amps tomorrow and I have asked Bernie Goodfellow if he can bring an EBS combo for that, which he said was cool.[/quote]

He can use The Big One! Just listening to Cake on it and barring the last octave of treble it knocks my hi-fi into a cocked hat.

I have created a monster... :)

Alex

Edited by alexclaber

[quote name='Merton' post='293051' date='Sep 26 2008, 07:58 PM']Ooooh, fight! :huh:

Is the V8 still coming?[/quote]
Yes :) Ped and I are arriving together so expect a dramatic entrance consisting of ball gowns, tiaras, stair cases and paparazzi. Its such a hard life being celebrities.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='293072' date='Sep 26 2008, 08:16 PM']Yes :) Ped and I are arriving together so expect a dramatic entrance consisting of ball gowns, tiaras, stair cases and paparazzi. Its such a hard life being celebrities.[/quote]
I have the spotlights ready, plus the Pearl and Dean theme :huh:

[quote name='Merton' post='293077' date='Sep 26 2008, 08:26 PM']I have the spotlights ready, plus the Pearl and Dean theme :)[/quote]
ok, I will make sure Ped has his beard trimmed and under control. His cleavage might be another matter though.

[quote name='Merton' post='293077' date='Sep 26 2008, 08:26 PM']I have the spotlights ready, plus the Pearl and Dean theme :)[/quote]
:huh:

Thanks for the offer of help guys.. Possible there I think.. But let's ask John when he arrives what he is happy to use.. Hopefully, Bernie will have come up trumps and it will not be an issue!

The BFM vs Claber fight should be good.. :huh:

Sorry to hear Clauster & G-77 can't make it..Hope everything works out with the card clone thing Nick (F****** B*******!).

By the way, if anyone has a decent digital camera to take some photos with tomorrow, it'd be a real help.. I stupidly left mine in Shoreham this afternoon and haven't time to go collect it before tomorrow..

Thanks and see you all tomorrow.

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='293098' date='Sep 26 2008, 09:23 PM']By the way, if anyone has a decent digital camera to take some photos with tomorrow, it'd be a real help..[/quote]
I'll bring one, if anyone would like to borrow it let me know. :)

[quote name='barneyg42' post='293119' date='Sep 26 2008, 09:54 PM']Just checking, is the bash open to non BCers too, got a friend who plays a bit wanting to come along.[/quote]
No problem as far as I'm concerned; a good opportunity to recruit more players to the Basschat cause.. Anyone else got any objections?

Looks like this is the final list for tomorrow:

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, Wal Pro2e, plus I'll be bringing a small rig including my SWR Triad
02. Hamster: Stingray, Line6 Lowdown 110 & pedal board
03. OBBM: a couple of basses and perhaps the Orangtino if anyone is interested.
04. NowVertical: GB Rumour 5, KSD 60's Proto-J 5, Mongrel 62 Fender P (now fretless with a J added), Acoustic Image Contra II
06. Zach: spector rebop
07. Ped: with my usual babies (pair of Vigier Passions as I am sure you are sick of by now)
08. s_u_y: Fender Precision '74, my EBS MicroBass II DI and if my custom portable poweramp being made by Alien (Andy) is finished, I'll bring that too!
09. nig: SB-8 Chapman Stick
11. Coasterbass: Lefty MM Stingray IV, Lefty Warwick Thumb V, Lefty Fender Jazz American Deluxe, Lefty Fender Jazz Hotrodded, Ampeg SVP-Pro, Eden WP100 Preamp and Schroeder 1210R
12. johnnylager: KSD 704 Proto-J with EBS inside, EBS MultiComp, Russian BassBalls, SansAmp ParaDriver, Aural Xciter, J-Lo fuzz
13. Gamble: Ampeg SVP Pro pre-amp with Harma and Philips valves, Samson S1 compressor, QSC power amp, SWR Goliath Snr 6X10
14. Merton: Status Retroactive, Groove 5 and Groove 4 fretless
15. Higgie: Lakland DJ4 & DJ5, Musicman Stingray 3EQ, Original Mutron III, Akai Deep Impact, Akai Headrush, Demeter Compulator, Digitech WH-1 Whammy, Custom Modded Big Muff, Way Huge Aqua Puss clone, EA iAmp 600
16. Alexclaber: will bring some of my new cabs with me!
17. phil_the_bassist: Hartke stack (HA5500& VX215+VX410) and my MM SR5 3eq
18. Mikey D: Ibanez GWB35
20. WalMan: Wal Pro1/Custom conversion, G&L L2500 (4+1 style), Markbass CMD121H combo, Possibly the BOD xT Pro & FSB, Marshall Superbass 100 head
21. peted: BFM Omni 10, Hartke 3500, Aphex Bass Xciter, Line6 Lowdown Studio, Warwick Thumb BO 4, custom butchered Japanese Squire Precision
22. onehappybunny: Fender Mustang (1976), DeArmond Jet Star, Warwick Katana, Mark Bass Jeff Berlin Combo, DHA1-EQ
23. andyonbass: a couple of ACG's
24. sixshooter: bringing a number of interesting basses and an interesting amp!
25. Nick Thomas: CS Jazz, L2500, and Eggle
26. Barneyg42: Jaydee Roadie Fretless
27. craigonbass: custom 100 Watt Harry Joyce (Hiwatt) head
28. stingrayfan: G&L Tribute L2000, Yamaha BB614, Stingray 4 w/Status neck, Trace Elliot 715 300w combo, Aphex Punch Factory pedal.
29. Old Horse Murphy (if free): Shuker P5 and maybe a 2008 Fender P Bass
30. Dougal: GW #23, Carvin XB75P, F-Bass Studio
31. Kraken: his kit
32. Kiwi: Smith 5, Trace V8, GB Shuttle 6, EBS Neo212 cab, (maybe Smith 5 fretless, 2 other basses by request from other members)
33. urb: a Sei
34. Bloodaxe: - Aria TSB-400 with Kahler Trem, Aria SB-900 & probably a small trolley with an Epifani UL-110 & an Ashdown Superfly

Plus Adrian Ashton, Joe white, John East and Bernie Goodfellow..

See you tomorrow!

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

I'm pleased to say that I paid a cheque into Basschat coffers today for [b]£186.06[/b], which is half of the funds raised at September's Bash! The other half of the funds raised has been paid to 'Enable Me', the disability charity that I work for..

In total, over £500 was raised through the event which is amazing, but after paying for room hire and other costs on the day, the total raised for the good causes was just under £400!

So this is a good opportunity for me to thank everybody who helped make it happen (especially Merton, WalMan & JohnnyLager) and also, a good opportunity to thank everybody else who either came to the Bash itself or who contributed by making donations etc. :)

Cheers

Nik

Looking forward to the South East Easter Bash! - hopefully next time I won't have to leave early for an audition. :)

I now have access to a school with a purpose built 200 seat auditorium/theatre in Addlestone which might be a very good venue as long as members don't mind the next bash being so close to the last one?

[quote name='Hamster' post='324569' date='Nov 7 2008, 10:49 PM']Looking forward to the South East Easter Bash! - hopefully next time I won't have to leave early for an audition. :)

I now have access to a school with a purpose built 200 seat auditorium/theatre in Addlestone which might be a very good venue as long as members don't mind the next bash being so close to the last one?[/quote]
Sounds interesting!! A Basschat Bash followed by a gig night perhaps.... :huh: