Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash, Saturday 27th September: NEW INFO!

silverfoxnik

[b]UPDATE: The Bash will now be taking place in Onslow Suite 1 & 2[/b]

Hi Folks,

[b]UPDATE ON WORKSHOPS ADDED TODAY 6/9/08[/b]

After getting ideas from everybody and lots of help from Merton & OBBM and some guidance from Ped, we've finally come up with a cunning plan!
So, the brief update is that the SE Bash is going to be taking place here:

[b]HOLIDAY INN[/b]
Onslow Suite 1 & 2
EGERTON ROAD
GUILDFORD, GU2 7XZ
ENGLAND

on [b]Saturday 27th September[/b]

Probably going to go for 10am to 6pm.

Other details such as which function rooms we'll be in, masterclasses (hopefully??) costs, raffles etc, to be added over the next few weeks. Hope lots of you can come because it's that which'll make it a great day! :)

What'd be good now is to use this thread to get an idea of who's coming and what gear they'll be bringing. Here we go:

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, Wal Pro2e, BC Rich Eagle, plus I'll be bringing my DBX MC 6 Compressor and probably a small rig including my SWR Triad

Cheers

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

Always wanted to go to a bass bash and now one appears pretty much on my doorstep! Excellent.

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, Wal Pro2e, BC Rich Eagle, plus I'll be bringing my DBX MC 6 Compressor and probably a small rig including my SWR Triad
02. NowVertical: If anyone is interested I can bring my GB Rumour 5, KSD 60's Proto-J 5, Mongrel 62 Fender P (now fretless with a J added), Acoustic Image Contra II (great little amps). I could bring my EBS TD 650 with 4x10 and 1x15 but probably best not to for sensible volume purposes.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='228479' date='Jun 28 2008, 10:51 AM']In my diary - anyone fancy a selection of vintage Hofners?[/quote]

Have you got a Verithin bass? I always fancied one of those.

Thanks Nick, nice one mate, top job :huh:

Nowt that hasn't been seen before, but you're welcome to try 'em - a Geddy Lee with Wizard 84's, a Hipshot and posh S-1 stylie switching, EBS MultiComp, SansAmp ParaDriver, Aural Xciter and a J-Lo fuzz. Will even stretch to new strings! Will also bring me ABM 500 combo in case we don't have enough amps. :)

Can't wait.

EDIT: Come on lads, the Yorkshire bash has 5 pages...!

Edited by johnnylager

Dagnammett, I might be in the studio that weekend!! Will have to check as I'm getting a bit confused by the whole affair at the moment - the drummer's organising it!!

If I can make it I'll be happy to bring most of my gear, which consists of:

Ampeg SVP Pro pre-amp with Harma and Philips valves
Samson S1 compressor
QSC power amp
SWR Goliath Snr 6X10

Warwick Thumb 5 custom (ovangkol body, ebony fretboard, drop tuned a tone and a half)
Fender Mexico Jazz 5
The list of basses goes on but none of them are anything special, I'll just bring something interesting.

I've got a few stompboxes too, I don't know if that's what floats peoples boats but the don't take up much space.

Must check if I'm free that day...................

[quote name='obbm' post='228482' date='Jun 28 2008, 10:54 AM']Have you got a Verithin bass? I always fancied one of those.[/quote]

Yes Dave, I've got both.

A 500/7 (the original Verithin) in cherry red, and a 500/6 (the replacement for the 500/7 - don't ask about the numbering) in that strange blackcurrant burst that was popular towards the end of the 60's.

I assume it's the 500/7 that you're after?

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='228808' date='Jun 29 2008, 12:19 AM']Yes Dave, I've got both.

A 500/7 (the original Verithin) in cherry red, and a 500/6 (the replacement for the 500/7 - don't ask about the numbering) in that strange blackcurrant burst that was popular towards the end of the 60's.

I assume it's the 500/7 that you're after?[/quote]

I'd be very interested to try the 500/7 please.

BUMP!!! :)

As for price, thanks to Merton's amazing nefotiating skills I think we have the 2 rooms for £100! So how about some thoughts as to what would be a fair cost?

If we have 30 people on the day at £50 then that will cover it nicely, but if we want to raise a bit more for charity (including Basschat), then maybe £7.50 each?

Maybe OBBM can remember what we all paid last year - wasn't it £10 per head Dave? - and we could use that as our yardstick..

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='228962' date='Jun 29 2008, 12:26 PM']BUMP!!! :)

As for price, thanks to Merton's amazing nefotiating skills I think we have the 2 rooms for £100! So how about some thoughts as to what would be a fair cost?

If we have 30 people on the day at £50 then that will cover it nicely, but if we want to raise a bit more for charity (including Basschat), then maybe £7.50 each?

Maybe OBBM can remember what we all paid last year - wasn't it £10 per head Dave? - and we could use that as our yardstick..[/quote]

It was £10 per person. The venue was £100. 23 attendees. £130 to charity.

[quote name='obbm' post='228967' date='Jun 29 2008, 12:33 PM']It was £10 per person. The venue was £100. 23 attendees. £130 to charity.[/quote]
Thanks Dave!

[b]So - how about £10 per head?[/b]

Edited by silverfoxnik