Why become a member? ×

For those who can't make the London Bass Show - Birmingham, same weekend?

Ian Savage

Having helped out with the Great British Guitar Show in Brum last year I've been drafted in this year to set up an after-show jamming / talking / drinking session for a select few (who I get to choose, lucky me! :P) - it'll be on the Saturday night ([b]March 1st[/b]) in the upstairs bar of [b]Madhouse Rehearsals[/b] (near to the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham, B19 3LS.

Linkies: http://www.ukguitarshows.co.uk/

http://www.madhouserehearsals.net/

The show itself has pilfered Fender away from the London Bass Show this year, and has a whole bunch of other cool exhibitors too - if the London show's too much of a trek pop on in (I'll likely be hanging around the JHS stand)! There's plenty cheap accommodation nice and close to both venue and show (the Bloc hotel in the Jewellery Quarter is the epitome of cheap and basic, but it comes recommended!), all easily accessible by public transport too.

The after-show's likely to be running pretty much as soon as the show finishes at 5:30, there'll be backline provided by Marshall/Eden/Natal on a decent-sized stage with a professional PA. Anything goes (within reason ;)) for live performances; I'll be lining some stuff up over the next couple of months for the exhibitors/artists from the show but there'll largely be carte blanche for jamming, (short) band performances and solo spots.

It's somewhere between 'invite-only' and 'general admission' - we're not charging entry for the after-show and there'll be a secure room for stashing any gear you want to keep safe, but with with musicians' peace of mind at heart we're not publicising the fact that it's happening.

Anyway, if you fancy coming give me a shout and I'll put you on the list - and if you've got a party piece you want booking onto the live stage let me know! :)

Sounds good! I'll be at the Guitar Show with The Bare Knuckle Blues Band, performing in the afternoon on both days, and probably milling around the Bare Knuckle Pickups stand too. It'd be good to get a chance to meet some fellow Basschatters at the show!

It's such a shame that this clashes with the London show, as I'd love to go to both...am I missing really fundamental as to why they're both the same weekend? Is it intentional?

Edited by rushbo

Would have loved to meet up again, but I can't go to this for the same reason as I'm missing the LBGS - holiday in Tenerife.
It seems that all the best events of the year are on that weekend! I'm also missing a comedy in improv masterclass/workshop on the same day. :-0

This had better be a bloody good holiday to make up for it!

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1387210654' post='2309406']
Would have loved to meet up again, but I can't go to this for the same reason as I'm missing the LBGS - holiday in Tenerife.
It seems that all the best events of the year are on that weekend! I'm also missing a comedy in improv masterclass/workshop on the same day. :-0

This had better be a bloody good holiday to make up for it!
[/quote]

Boo! I hope it rains, that'll learn ye :P

• 2 months later...