Why become a member? ×

NEW bass whammy!!!

GazWills

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1388103357' post='2318635']
One in the classifieds. Heh. :-)
[/quote]
Shhhhh! Keep it down! It's me that's trying to shift it!
The price of the original WH-1 has remained high despite numerous reissues so I'm hoping the same goes for the bass whammy.

I actually have two and it's my spare that's for sale as I'm not in a band or gigging at the moment. I still plan on keeping one of them as I love the sounds I get out of it.
I can honestly say that this is not a panic sale. :)

Newer better tracking pitch pedals just don't do it for me in the same way. Similar to how the Boss OC-2 is still so popular.

But the OC-2 is analog and was replaced by the digital OC-3. Both the original and new bass whammy are digital. It will be interesting to see what the new one sounds like in comparison! As you rightly say, the WH1 has kept its value and I am sure the bass whammy will too. May not be the best time to sell though, but it's the risk you take I guess!

[quote name='D-L-B' timestamp='1388121973' post='2318685']
Shhhhh! Keep it down! It's me that's trying to shift it!
The price of the original WH-1 has remained high despite numerous reissues so I'm hoping the same goes for the bass whammy.
[/quote]

To be fair nobody's heard the new one yet, it might not sound so good.

I remember being really stoked when the 9v Bass Micro Synth came out and massively disappointed when it didn't sound anything like as meaty as the original. :(

I'm pretty sure it'll be very closely based on the current (guitar) whammy 5 though. Tried one of those and thought it was great, and would've replaced my Whammy 1 with it if it had fitted on my board!...

At least it doesn't have that awful input gain that the original bass whammy had, which is a huge improvement in itself!

• 2 weeks later...