Why become a member? ×

NEW bass whammy!!!

GazWills

[quote name='thumbo' timestamp='1392807407' post='2372890']
Has anyone heard anything new about the release date on the bass whammy? Can't wait to get my hands on one of these, the Whammy IV has become my most used pedal over the past year so this is perfect timing :D
[/quote]

Andertons had end of March - but I got another email afterwards saying May. So it's totally confusing.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1392843664' post='2373500']
^^^dream on ;)
[/quote]

Never know :) never thought the bass whammy would be reissued!
If Akai were to make a reissue they could make ot the ultimate synth - usb editting, multiple wave forms and a bloody "down" button built in!

I can dream! On the plus side they're coming down slowly... Just gotta get one at a price im willing to pay!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

We've managed to secure the bulk of the first UK shipment of Bass Whammy. These are now in stock. I won't post details here in case in breaches forum guidelines but we've put an offer for Basschat members in the Affiliates Forum here:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/233738-new-digitech-bass-whammy-in-stock-with-basschat-offer/

I hope that helps.

Richard :)

Got mine today from Andertons. Had a quick blast, some good and some bad. The only bad really is that the settings aren't exactly the same from the whammy 4. I new there were additional ones but didn't realise they'd really changed them up. For example, the 4 up 5 up on Whammy 4 is now 4 up 5 down on the new bass whammy. I use that setting for a couple of riffs and they sound pretty crap now. There's no 3 up 4 up equivilent so that's killed off another riff completely.

On the plus side, there's more bass to the tone, the sweep is way smoother and less glitchy sounding (which I liked incidentally). The chords setting is brill too, and it's 9v. I know I'll grow to love it in time, just gutted I'm losing some riffs.

[quote name='burno70' timestamp='1396641095' post='2416057']
... the 4 up 5 up on Whammy 4 is now 4 up 5 down on the new bass whammy. I use that setting for a couple of riffs and they sound pretty crap now. There's no 3 up 4 up equivilent so that's killed off another riff completely. ...[/quote]

Why are people still using these pedals when, for example, the Line 6 M5 does an excellent Whammy model where you can set the toe and heel anywhere from -24 to +24 semitones?

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1396647116' post='2416161']
Why are people still using these pedals when, for example, the Line 6 M5 does an excellent Whammy model where you can set the toe and heel anywhere from -24 to +24 semitones?
[/quote]

It's a valid point. With the M5 it's purely down to space on my board, the Whammy is smaller than an M5 + expression pedal.

Just back from band praccy. The whammy 4 settings are just too embedded in our tracks, no way I can work around it, new bass whammy's gotta go :(

Serves me right for not researching the pedal! Looks like I'll have to sell off a another pedal to make room for an M5 or Pitchfactor + expression pedal!

I tried one of these yesterday, and was really disappointed actually.

Although I like the new harmony options, the chord mode just sounds a bit fake/digital to me and the classic mode does not react in the same way as my Whammy 1 at all! I usually use the octave or fifth up harmonies with a bit of delay for a really nice haunting, warbley sound, but this sounded really bad on the bass whammy!

Keeping the Whammy 1 now and I'm not going to pick one of these up. Bit of a shame as this had me very excited :-(...

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1396803599' post='2417499']
I tried one of these yesterday, and was really disappointed actually.

Although I like the new harmony options, the chord mode just sounds a bit fake/digital to me and the classic mode does not react in the same way as my Whammy 1 at all! I usually use the octave or fifth up harmonies with a bit of delay for a really nice haunting, warbley sound, but this sounded really bad on the bass whammy!

Keeping the Whammy 1 now and I'm not going to pick one of these up. Bit of a shame as this had me very excited :-(...
[/quote]

This is disappointing :(