Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD: 1982 JV Squier '62 RI Precision (sunburst/rosewood) - £600!
£600

tredders

[b]Now sold - thanks.[/b]

I picked this up a few months ago, and it's a lovely bass, and in amazing condition. However, it's too close to my '73 P bass (both tsb / rosewood) - and in truth, they're pretty much identical basses. I'll never sell the '73, so this one is on the block instead...

It's a beautiful looking and sounding bass, in great condition for the age. We did a blind sound test between this, my '73 P bass, and an original '68 P bass at rehearsals recently, and nobody could tell the difference...

I picked it up from here in the summer, at a bargain price, and I'm happy to pass on that bargain as long as it stays in our BC community. After paying for the bass, same day courier (part of the conditions of me getting it for the bargain price was it had to go immediately), a set of TI flats, a pro setup and some work on the jack (which was crackly), it owes me close to £700.

I'm asking for £600, collected, or couriered at cost. I'm just off j.12 of the M40 (between Leamington & Banbury), and you're welcome to come along, have a coffee and a play on it. No PayPal please, and no trades - I've overspent horribly on watches & art work recently (first world problems, eh?), so the family will be eating Tesco Value beans in the new year unless I get some cash in ;)

It didn't come with a case or gig bag, but I can find a gig bag for it, or supply a Gator hard case for an extra £35.

Any questions, just ask,

Tredders

Edited by tredders

[quote name='NJE' timestamp='1387455693' post='2312108']
LOVELY! what is the nut width out of interest, 44mm?
[/quote]

Ta!

Shamelessly stolen from this very forum:

"[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vintage correct [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 and 5/8 of an inch which comes out at 41.27mm at the nut. In comparison the current US vintage reissue has a a nut width of 44.1mm and the american standard 41.3mm."[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Edit: Tons of info on JV Fenders here: [/font][/color][url="http://www.21frets.com"]http://www.21frets.com[/url]

Edited by tredders

I've had a good look over the bass, and taken photos of any dinks I could find - there are none on the front, most appear on the edges. None are particularly noticeable, but I took photos in direct sunlight to highlight them.