Why become a member? ×

Looking for a jam, one bass player !!

Dennis1971

Hi,

[color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Looking to join some like-minded people to play/jam togehter on a regular basis. I used to be part of a band when I lived in Holland, this was 12 yrs ago but I miss having a night out to mess about with music. I am no bass monster like Flea but enjoy putting a foundation down with the drummer. FUN is the aim. [/font][/color]

[color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Here is link to some of the songs we did. Keep in mind this is not a proffesional recording but straight onto minidisc (remember those) from a mixing deck. [/font][/color]

[color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]http://soundcloud.com/dennis1971-1/sets/silence-for-the-base/ [/font][/color]

[color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Covers played with the previous band included: alive/better man - pearl jam, everything zen - bush, learn to fly - foo fighters, strutter - kiss, machinegunman - pride & glory, sold my soul - zakk wylde and many more. Next to covers we played about 15 of our own. Flexible in genre and style of music. [/font][/color]
[color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I am 42, have kids and work so juggling is part of life. I am looking for people in the same situation and if we end up doing some pub gigs great. [/font][/color]

[color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Aim: Just to have fun once a week - no pressure and jam in a band setting instead of alone. Flexibel in approach, no intentions of being the next big thing. If a gig comes out of it great, if not fine too. [/font][/color]

[color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I live near Thame (oxfordshire) so ideally want to join up with some people around here. Too far away and meeting up for a jam is going to be difficult. Jamming on Wednesday or Thursday is the aim. (Mon / Tue I have commitments). [/font][/color]

[color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Dennis[/font][/color]

• 6 months later...

hello I just posted this if interested

[21:59:41] jennifer Sly:
Members
1 posts

Posted Today, 08:58 PM
Hello everyone,

would be lovely to accumulate a good drummer or two to keep the ball rolling as it is very difficult to get our band together at the mo so auxillary members would be a plus.

We would love a double bassist if there are any willing ones as we lend towards rockabilly however a bassist or two would not go amiss as we are missing out on some get me out there slots.

Any takers?

Any advice ?
Anyone keen to be in more than one project?

give us a shout

Jennifer on vocals
Geoff on the Gretsch