Why become a member? ×

Got an iPad what to put on it.?

Prime_BASS

All of the above, plus some sort of interface of course.
If it were me (and it was two Christmases ago) I'd get a JAM, although I've just spotted he new version and it's now well over £100 :-(.

My fav app for bass players is a Amp kit. It has some pretty good simulations of some pretty big name gear, including Ashdown (without wooly emulation) and Trace Elliot. Well worth the asking price IMO.

Guitar Toolkit is a very handy piece of kit for tuning,learning scales, chords & charts & also has a metronome/drum machine. Worth every penny of £5.99.

Tabletop is a handy free app too. It's like having a table with different bits of kit on it (sequencer, drum machine, synths, effects, etc) & you can add to it (I already had the Akai iMPC app which I can use in it). You can also record into it, but I'm not sure if it's any good for that.

Animoog is fun & was £2.99 about a month ago, but it's now £29.99 again.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1387969806' post='2317578']
So I just got an iPad from Santa and I was wondering what are the best and most useable apps for a budding musician. I don't have a mac book but if I could do some basic recording on this thing that would be awesome.

Thanks dudes.
Merry Christmas.
[/quote]

I'm sure you know this but Ive just remembered you can get GarageBand for free with all new IOS devices, so that should really be a no brainier.

• 3 weeks later...

Session Band (Jazz, Blues, Rock etc) is great.

Roland Cube Jam is ace (and FREE) and will work with a iRig interface - you don't need to buy the CubeJam amp.

It does very accurate speed and pitch changes and will import songs directly from iTunes too. I use it all the time to learn new stuff.

[quote name='GremlinAndy' timestamp='1390790721' post='2349589']
iLift is a tasty app for learning songs. Works great and is pretty cheap for the full version.
[/quote]

I believe Audio Speed Changer is the Android equivalent (for those without an Apple product). I haven't tried it, mind you. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You will certainly need a tuner and a metronome. You can try this app: "Cadenza: Tuner + Metronome"
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Seems to work pretty well. And it has a [size=4]h[/size][/font][/color][size=4][color=#000000][font=Helvetica]igh degree of accuracy.[/font][/color][/size]