Why become a member? ×

Tascam BT help needed

I have a Tascam BT and up to now, I've just used it with headphones. Tonight, I hooked it up to my PC speakers and it sounds great - probably saved me spending a few bob on a practice amp. The only problem is, I can no longer use the Guitar Pro software on my PC cos the speakers are connected to the 'line out' socket on the Tascam.

Is it possible / what do I need to buy or do to connect everything so I can use my Tascam through the PC speakers and also use the Guitar Pro thingy (also through the speakers).

I know - I'm thick as pigsh!t, but I'm nice with it.

Try this at low volume:

Connect speakers back to line-out from the soundcard. Can you take a pre-out from the BT into the soundcard mic-in? Or connect the headphone out into the sound-card line-in? Unfortunately I have no idea what a Tascam BT is.

Edited by mhuk

Alan
This is reasonably easy. What you need is a lead with each end terminating in a stereo 3.5mm jack. Plug one end in to the 'line out' of the Tascam and the other end in to the 'line in' of your soundcard. If you don't have a 'line in' on the soundcard, then the 'mic in' socket on your PC will work also.

Keep your PC speakers attached to your PC and your PC will effectively act as the amplifier for the signal coming out of the Tascam. You may need to enable the 'mic in' or 'line in' tick box under the slider on the windows volume control.

Cheers

Steve