Why become a member? ×

Hello from Hampshire

Viper

As the title says, a hello from Mark in deepest darkest 'ampshire! Just getting back in to playing bass ... with a crappy tanglewood complete with warped neck. However, I am very tempted in getting myself a new tool... do I splash the cash?

Mark

Hi Mark! Erm, the answer to that particular question on here is, of course, YES! And have a really good time doing it, testing every bass that takes your fancy.
What bass *does* take your fancy right now?

Edited by Telebass

Thanks for the welcome folks. To answer the questions, I am in Eastleigh. As for the question of which Bass, well I am tempted by a Stingray. After playing a 20th anniversary edition a few years back, loved it but alas not had the cash at the time. I would really class myself as a beginner, so I'm debating if I should get something a wee bit cheaper or just say 'what the hell' and get something that I wouldn't get rid of for many years.

Cheers, Mark

Edited by Viper

[quote name='E_MaN' post='24336' date='Jun 28 2007, 11:13 AM']Hi Mark! Eastleigh eh? Which part, not the rough part I hope! ;P

Stingrays are beautiful basses! And if your worrying about the price, buy second hand! Can get some great deals on Stingrays nowadays? Evil Bay is your friend![/quote]

I'm in what I would consider quite a nice part, well I don't have any hassle around here anyway! As for the money side of things, I ain't too worried because I had money saved up for something else I was gong to buy - that'll have to wait now!

Mark

Hi Mark!
Welcome... *waving across the Solent - and the New Forest - and Bournemouth* - from sunny Poole! Good to see some more southerners around abouts.
hmmmm.... central southern get together...?
cheers
Shaun

[quote name='ShaunB' post='24487' date='Jun 28 2007, 03:33 PM']hmmmm.... central southern get together...?
cheers
Shaun[/quote]
I need a few months to improve... maybe more :)

A3 - I use that a couple of times a month when I go to places for one of my other hobbies, the best part of it is the junctions I use to turn off it!