Why become a member? ×

Soundcraft 328XD / 328 / 324 external TDIF pre-amp alternative?

VTypeV4

Does anyone know of any alternatives to the Soundcraft external pre-amps that were designed to be used with the above digital desks? They have 8 inputs with manual gain, 48v, phase invert and HPF controls then link to the desk via a TDIF connection. Two can be used to extend the desks' 16 inputs to a full 32 channel outfit.

I can't seem to find any alternatives? Essentially what i'm looking for is analogue in to TDIF digital out.

Thanks, Matt

The manual states 16 extra inputs available in ALL the formats, so you could use two 8 way adat equipped pre amps like the behringer ADA800 (8 ins and 8 outs) or the Focusrite Octopre (the adat card is optional on this) to name but two.
I've used both of the above into a yamaha 01v96 and they both worked a treat on ins and outs.

Excellent, watching a couple of the ADA8000 on ebay right now.. Looks like a cheap(ish) way of getting 32 channels..

I wonder if I used the outs configured 1-8 and then 9-16 connected back to the ins for 17-24 and 25-32 I could have a 'second copy' of 1-16 on 17-32 and apply different EQ / dynamics to squeeze a bit more and have a bit more control over of my monitors?