Why become a member? ×

EHX nano bassballs or micro q-tron?

Kev

okay i cant decdie what to buy

iv narrowed it down to these two.

now iv heard good things about the bassballs, it seems popular, but the demo sounds frankly [Fly a Kite], so can people help me out on that one? more demos would be cool

not heard much about the micro q tron, seems to get good reviews again

im just after an envelope effect, whether it be auto wah like or something different like the bassballs, i jus want somethin like that on the board.

btw im guessing the micro qtron/nano bassballs sound the same as a normal bassballs/micro qtron?, just smaller boxes and better power jacks?

[quote]btw im guessing the micro qtron/nano bassballs sound the same as a normal bassballs/micro qtron?, just smaller boxes and better power jacks?[/quote]

I'm sure I read somewhere that they sound different and arn't as good, don't quote me on that though.

I didnt like the nano bass balls much, to subtle and not hugely adjustable. to be fair i didnt get to try it at much volume because of snotty shop staff but lets just say i wasnt blown away. I am sticking to my Digitech BSW for weird ass funky sounds.

You'd have to try out the bassballs in person to really get a feel for it. i had one and it really only has two sounds in it. If you couldnt live without those two sounds then great! but i just couldnt fit them in anywhere.

Cant offer an opinion on the Q-Tron im afraid, Although +1 to the Digitech BSW :)

went to music shop today

tried the bassballs, hated it, had a really weird sound to it when you hit the note, like in the demo video for it, and i jus didnt like it so that was out

was prety impressed with the micro q tron, so i bought that