Why become a member? ×

INCOMING!! - COG Effect

Salt on your Bass?

Had a pretty extensive exchange with Tom at cog effects today. Pretty extensive cause I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to effects!

The outcome is I'm now awaiting a Cog grand tarkin which will become my one and only fuzz. Really excited as based on the discussion with Tom, it'll suit my board and band really well givi g me a nice deep, big sound.

Anyone else put orders in and waiting at the moment?

This beauty arrived Tuesday! Based on fix'd fuzz and with added filter controls on both fuzz tones and the final output, this covers all sorts of fuzz tones. Can go from really compressed driven phat bass to nice blended mellow fuzz tones when running singular tone, sounds better the louder it gets just begs to be turned to eleven! It self oscillates, a nice surprise, at extreme settings and THE most responsive fuzz ever played, acts differently to attack pressure and can get great sluttery diminishing tones. A really fun, awesome box of tricks! got a fantastic clean boost as well. Took me a while to get my head around the greatness of this box actually, the filters and how they blend ands a further element of sonic capabilities.

Yeah, Tom is a cool guy, real patient with my banter, questions and pestering but most importantly he knows and pedals, a lot. Very happy :)

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/jnxkkdp][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/707/xkkd.png[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' timestamp='1390308487' post='2343779']
Ah man, looking forward to your thoughts on that when its in hand! When are you expecting it Andy?

Lefty, that's lovely looking pedal!
[/quote]

hopefully next month sometime think its being put together now, hope it gets to me so i can use for my up and coming recording!

cant wait to get the tarkin going!

andy

• 2 months later...

So I've not been about much lately with life events etc taking place. However, got my Grand Tarkin in now and rehearsed twice with it. I absolutely love it (insert ,multiple expletives!). Its brutal and shakes bones. Tom did a little tweak to make it easily modifiable for me to reduce/increase the amount of bass in the signal, but its essentially an unmoded grand tarkin.

I play in a doom band and the tone I'm getting is monstrous in my opinion. I was hesitant in changing pedals, from my SFX, but moving over to a muff based circuit which is tweakable in the way this is, is amazing. I'm so pleased and a massive public thank you to Tom, who is very helpful and understanding, particularly when dealing with someone who understands very little about anything at all.

Anyway, my band are meant to be recording this Saturday so all going well i'll be able to post up some band mix sounds in due course.

That's it :)

My grand Tarkin arrives on Thursday! Space now cleared on the pedalboard!

Design - popular classy Scottish drink made by monks in Devon!

[URL=http://s833.photobucket.com/user/crookysax/media/B9D4CB19-FD3F-49DF-A517-8CD86E7BEB84.jpg.html][IMG]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz256/crookysax/B9D4CB19-FD3F-49DF-A517-8CD86E7BEB84.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Me And My Bass' timestamp='1396349435' post='2412488']
Design - popular classy Scottish drink made by monks in Devon!

[/quote]

Ah, wreck the hoose juice. Nice!

Incidentally, I tried bucky for the first time ever in your home city of Glasgow.

Edited by GarethFlatlands