Why become a member? ×

Jeff Berlin endorses Marmite....

yorks5stringer

odd comment but that is a really nice looking headstock, is that a new shape? looks a bit Pensa/Celinder......not sure about the 50/50 body, but looks like a nice bass. I would like to see those features and spec on a non signature bass though, preferably without gold hardware.

I like the general design of the thing but the finish is questionable, to say the least. Corts are excellent basses, I'm not surprised Jeff likes them. I'm still amazed by this but at the last London Bass Guitar Show, the Cort basses I tried were the nicest I played all weekend.
I like Jeff, too, even though I disagree with most of the things he says!

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1389991950' post='2340434']
I always wanted to try his Peavey Palladium. Apparently it was a great bass and a steal at circa £300 at the time?
[/quote]
I almost pulled the trigger on a couple over the years on fleabay..but was outbid on each occasion. They have a wonderful reputation.

I owned one of the Czech made original Dean Jeff Berlin models, it sounded beautiful and played like a dream. It had the slimmest neck I have ever played - but suffered from "constant truss rod adjustment syndrome" as a consequence!

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1389959809' post='2339940']
Speaking of celebrity Bass endorsements

[url="http://www.premierguitar.com/blogs/5-daily-news/post/20168-cort-introduces-the-jeff-berlin-signature-bass"]http://www.premiergu...-signature-bass[/url]

It will be nice when it's finished...
[/quote]

Does it have the same unique bitterness of tone as the man himself talking about Jaco? :-P

• 2 years later...

I always wanted to try his Peavey Palladium. Apparently it was a great bass and a steal at circa £300 at the time?

Anyone got one?

P.S. The Cort looks ridiculous...
[/quote]

Yes I have a Palladium.

Anyone got one?

P.S. The Cort looks ridiculous...
[/quote]

Yep - I made the mistake of NOT buying a Palaedium when I could have gotten the "artist deal" price in Nashville when they lunched. A great alternative to a Precision at the time and seriously cheap. Only Peavey bass I ever played and actually liked.

Edited by ivansc

I had a student with a Palladium in Cardiff. I remember it being very playable but light. As a Wal player, I always struggle with basses without a little weight to them. I always think that the sound will be thin.I had the same experience when I tried an Alembic. It's not rational, though. The Palladium was a perfectly credible instrument.