Why become a member? ×

bassist / bass player (london center/north)

riscado

Hi,

I played guitar up until recently and switched to bass, so I'm relatively new to it.

I've done some rehearsing with a band in London before, but the attempt was cut short for personal reasons.

Basically I'd like to give it another go...

Looking for a band who is missing a bass player. Nothing too professional (ex: no bands with management or lots of gigs scheduled), just people want to get together, play and take it from there.

Also looking for people who expect creative input. I would like to be able to contribute with some bass lines, rather than being a jukebox.

Music wise I like radiohead, blur, yo la tengo, mogwai, neil young, Mark lanegan, Deus, Morphine, Smiths, Pj harvey, etc. No specific style or trend, so as long as it sounds good to me, I'll be willing to try and play it.

I have my own gear, but prefer not to lug the amp cab around.

Cheers

Edited by riscado

• 3 months later...

Hello mate,

I'm a songwriter, singer and guitarist based in Notting Hill. I'm putting together a four piece indie/alternative (term used loosely) band and require a talented, dedicated and creative bass guitarist to complete the line up. All the bassists I've played with in bands in the past have been guitarists first, and I'm finding it difficult to find a suitable bass player that understands the genre. I have an album of originals ready to go and a large promotions agency on board with circuit venues lined up once things are ready. You can check out some home recorded demos on my soundcloud http://www.soundcloud.com/andrew-m-chappell not the finished product but you'll get the idea. Will want to collaborate on future material so creativity and an ear for what works in the track is important. You don't have to play like Hendrix but what you do play has to sit well and compliment the song. This is a serious project and I want the right people involved as for me although competence is obviously very important the connection between the musicians is as important. If we don't get on as a group it'll never work. I'm currently recording and producing new material. If you like what you hear and think you can contribute I'd love to hear from you

Andrew

• 3 months later...