Why become a member? ×

Thomann selling Harley Benton basses as 'Decoration only'

Annoying Twit

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1440857105' post='2854374']
Just bought this for £46 delivered.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_b_450_black_progressiv_deko.htm

hopefully it's ok, doesn't say what's wrong with it...... :unsure:
[/quote]

I had one of those... Chunky p neck and decent variety of sounds. Like all the HB basses,it would be decent value at full price, so its a steal as a Deco :)

I got a €10 voucher for a review a few months back. It was for £300 item.
There must be a limit to what they give vouchers for, I've ordered five other item to be sent with the Jazz but they only total £30 together. I'm sure I won't be able to review them in return for a €10 voucher for each one.

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1440875759' post='2854528']
I got a €10 voucher for a review a few months back. It was for £300 item.
There must be a limit to what they give vouchers for, I've ordered five other item to be sent with the Jazz but they only total £30 together. I'm sure I won't be able to review them in return for a €10 voucher for each one.
[/quote]

I reviewed a set of Warwick pickup screws once and got a voucher...

I've only done one review so might get a chance to review a couple of the cheap items I've just bought.
Even more reason to get the gold sparkle Danelectro Longhorn I've been resisting for months. I can't hold it back much longer :D

Haha my girlfriend has now got a deco on the way, she got the last left handed jb75. Not for her but for her dad as a gift, hoping it has only minor cosmetic flaws and as long as the truss rod reasonably works then I can fix anything else.
Guess that means I will be showing her dad how to play too. So soon I will have a band of 3 bass players. Slowly I'm forming an all bass band ha.

Black acoustic bass arrived today as a backup for my Washburn acoustic. A couple of slight flaws in the finish on the headstock and a slight ding right at the end of the neck where it meets the soundhole. Nothing that I probably wouldn't have done myself within a few weeks! No playability issues at all - frets all seated correctly and no unusual buzzing. At full price this is probably not a bad bass and at this price, a bargain.