Why become a member? ×

Thomann selling Harley Benton basses as 'Decoration only'

Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1448122433' post='2913190']
It sounds to me that you have made a silk purse from a mixed bag. If you'll be kind and ignore the metaphorical confusion of that statement.
[/quote]

A silk purse from a sow's neck? :)

[quote name='RickyV' timestamp='1448365976' post='2914736']
PJ 4 HTR Deluxe deko available now if you are quick:

[url="https://m.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_pj_4_htr_deluxe_series_deko.htm?o=5&ref=mal_a_5&search=1448365867"]https://m.thomann.de...arch=1448365867[/url]
[/quote]

Ah balls!!
If only I hadn't just spent money on my daughter's christmas presents!!

[quote name='buelljack' timestamp='1448450657' post='2915474']
Thomann could really save themselves the hassle of posting on their website, and just post them here. Lets face it, basschat must snap up 95% of the Deko's

[/quote]

A former member seems to snap up more than us lot combined.

[quote name='buelljack' timestamp='1448450657' post='2915474']
Thomann could really save themselves the hassle of posting on their website, and just post them here. Lets face it, basschat must snap up 95% of the Deko's
[/quote]

I've set up a Direct Debit. They ship me a random Deko bass every month.

[quote name='Che' timestamp='1448578138' post='2916672']
Look what we have missed :( [url="https://m.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbz_2005_deko.htm?o=6&ref=mal_a_6&search=1448577972"]https://m.thomann.de...arch=1448577972[/url]
[/quote]

They have come up occasionally.

When I saw your post I thought that you were going to be linking to the very pointy guitar that came and went before I even noticed it.

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1448643957' post='2917142']
Lefty progressive:
https://m.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_b_450lh_bk_progressive_deko.htm?o=6&ref=mmc_a_6&search=1448643914
[/quote]

Bought hopefully not be any difficult issues as will be a gift for a left handed friend for xmas, mind you I bought him a lh acoustic and it's great but pre amp is kaput, so been looking for another cheap lh guitar.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1448662663' post='2917346']
Bought hopefully not be any difficult issues as will be a gift for a left handed friend for xmas, mind you I bought him a lh acoustic and it's great but pre amp is kaput, so been looking for another cheap lh guitar.
[/quote]

Good luck, hope it's a player.

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1448665888' post='2917371']

Good luck, hope it's a player.
[/quote]

Hope so I've had pretty good luck with dekos, mostly very light cosmetics or setup issues needing fretwork. Was disappointed in the acoustic bass pre amp just screams and I mean screams. Especially as it was intended as a little gift. So we shall see what this one is like.
That if I get it, won't be first time I've ordered and it's been out of stock.

[quote name='such' timestamp='1448741969' post='2917862']
yeah went for it. Hopefully my order gets accepted. It wasn't for an acoustic fretless a couple of weeks ago :/
[/quote]

Which did you go for? Or maybe you went for both at that money! Either way, hope you are successful this time.

both :)

I also put down my parents' address back in Poland for delivery. I spend there about two months (combined) a year and always feel bad about not practicing. If I succeed with the purchase, one bass will also be part of a xmas gift for my brother.

[quote name='such' timestamp='1448746067' post='2917890']
both :)

I also put down my parents' address back in Poland for delivery. I spend there about two months (combined) a year and always feel bad about not practicing. If I succeed with the purchase, one bass will also be part of a xmas gift for my brother.
[/quote]

Good plan! Well they are both still available on the Thomann site at the moment so you should be in luck! Hope you get good playable ones. My P bass deko was as near perfect as you could get - pretty much nothing wrong with it at all!