Why become a member? ×

Lead guitar compression?

Pinball

I would use this order:
wah, compressor, distortion, chorus, delay
only cos I like to have option of untamed and tamed wah, and because compression works well in front of dirt pedals to keep it focussed.
modulation stuff is usually best last in chain, because using wah or distortion on an already modulated signal can get a bit messy.

however, if there are any rules, they're there to be broken....so I say juggle your set up and find what works best for you.

[quote name='Bassnut62' timestamp='1390308092' post='2343773']
I would use this order:
wah, compressor, distortion, chorus, delay
only cos I like to have option of untamed and tamed wah, and because compression works well in front of dirt pedals to keep it focussed.
modulation stuff is usually best last in chain, because using wah or distortion on an already modulated signal can get a bit messy.

however, if there are any rules, they're there to be broken....so I say juggle your set up and find what works best for you.
[/quote]

Thanks, that kind of fits with my ideal set up as I'm right footed so having the Wah on the right feels natural. All my pedals are true bypass (I forgot I also intend to get a tuner in there too). I'm still waiting for a couple in the post