Why become a member? ×

Staindrop Open Mic night - first Fri of every month

Diablo

Hi all,

Just to let you know I attend an open mic night the first Fri of every month at Staindrop Village Hall between Darlington and Barnard Castle. DL2 3LR is the postcode. It is mainly folk and acoustic but more and more electric amplification is creeping in, and to be honest everything is welcome. A bagpipe band turned up 2 months ago, and last month they were short of bands so I played "have you ever seen the rain" as a bass solo and my wife sung! The one on 7th Feb should be an RnB fest as the band I play in are having a warm-up for a gig so we will do a 6-10 song set of Dr Feelgood, Kaiser Chiefs and stuff like that. If you play yourself, or have half or a full band, then come along, or even just to watch. No entry fee, bar, raffle if want to join, very laid back, be great to see you there. Get up and play wha you want, but folk, rock and RnB are the call, not death metal if you get the feeling.

Cheers,
Rich B