Why become a member? ×

Mackie srm450 v2

pockethammer

I own a pair of the V1 model... never had any problems though *touch wood* closest thing we've had to an issue is accidentally pressing the 'timed turnoff' button and wondering why the light wasn't coming on when we powered up.

Sorry I can't be more help, hope it's nothing serious like the power amp going or something!

There is the thermal cutout, which should obviously have cooled down, and there is an internal fuse.
You have to take the rear amp panel off (8screws) to get at it and it's located near the mains socket.
Careful you don't pull any wires off, go slowly.
Have a google but the equivalent rating is T 2.5AL250V
Hth

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1390647418' post='2347845']
There is the thermal cutout, which should obviously have cooled down, and there is an internal fuse.
You have to take the rear amp panel off (8screws) to get at it and it's located near the mains socket.
Careful you don't pull any wires off, go slowly.
Have a google but the equivalent rating is T 2.5AL250V
Hth
[/quote]

Cheers for that!
Our quandary is it's still under warranty, got it thru GAK so need them to pick it up & them to send it Mackie to be fixed, meaning we're missing a speaker for 4-5 weeks (min I'd say!) do we go in screwdrivers blazin or keep the warranty. Hmmmm.

Do you think it's a fuse then? Is it easily changed?
Is there an easy fix?

Edited by pockethammer

when we first got our srmv's both of them packed in pretty quickly.they went away came back, broke went away again came back, broke then Mackie sent two brand new replacements which have been ok so far.but while they were away we had to buy speakers to gig with so we went with rcf and they have been great

Edited by bobbytodd

We had a pair until both over-heated during a rather low volume rehearsal. We couldn't take the risk of them giving up during a wedding so we got rid of them. The new owner only wanted them for vocals so was willing to take the risk! We weren't overloading them, just 4 mics and keyboard. Everything else went through its own back line.

I think they were V1's. We just couldn't trust them....

i used to work in a shop dealing with pa returns, unfortunately the srm450 v2's (and the mackie bass bins of the same era too) were probably the worst offenders in the whole time i was there, always the same fault too.
mackie built their reputation on the earlier models which were of a higher build quality (with rcf drivers too)but when the factory moved QC went away and they seem to just play the numbers game.