Why become a member? ×

NDBD :)

Clarky

Yes I know. I shouldn't have sold my Kolstein travel bass. So I contacted Barrie Kolstein who had a New Year sale and have ended up with a refurbed s/h bass, as it was materially cheaper than a new one. It arrived while I was away on biz last week and I opened up the box late last night. Truly beautiful workmanship and plays wonderfully. Happy :D

Here's Barrie's pics:

[attachment=153160:Top 1.jpg][attachment=153161:Top 2.jpeg][attachment=153162:back.jpeg]

Congrats, Clarky!

Still the happy owner of your previous one. I do a monthly gig at a pub whose stage area has probably the worst acoustics I've encountered. Problem is a conventional DB is 'too much bass'. So I use the Kolstein with an Underwood pickup through a Genz Shuttle. Dead easy. I take the Kolstein to other gigs where space is at a premium. It's been a good investment.

Enjoy your new bass. - BTW, what pickup?

Hi Roger, it has the stock Planet Wing pickup which - despite my previous misgivings - actually sounds very good through my Phil Jones Briefcase combo.

OHM: yes I am naughty, I spent the proceeds of my 1975 Jazz sale on this (and a bit more) after a sale had been agreed, only for the other guy to back out at the last minute :angry:

Yep, its my third Busetto. The first I sold to Bassace so that i could get the removable necked version. I then sold the latter to help raise some money (expensive summer, three "significant" family birthdays etc) to Scottish pro bass player Roy Percy who seems very happy with the bass after some slight modifications. I still hankered after a Busetto though and - having thought I'd sold my 1975 Jazz :angry: - placed an order with Barrie K. Learned my lesson and this one is a keeper. Just need to sell that Jazz though!

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1390735279' post='2348711']
First in the queue, OK?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]
Honest, guv, not selling this one! You know where I am Jack if you wanted to trade my 1880s DB for your (my old) 3/4 Zeller plus a large wadge of cash :D