Why become a member? ×

My new baby

artisan

it sounds absolutely effin ace,the sheer amount of tones available is incredible & bulid quality is extremely good too,& it plays like a dream.
the only thing wrong with it is a little bit of laquer missing from the top edge of the neck near the nut (chipped off) but it came with a fender gig bag (its brand new btw) & i paid £480.00 for it.
bloody bargain eh ?

[quote name='Rayman' post='24415' date='Jun 28 2007, 01:43 PM']That's wicked, by far the best colour for those. The switches scare me off though, what do they all do?[/quote]

dead easy really, top switch is for the active circuit i.e. on or off :)
there are two wheel type adjusters for active treble & bass.
at the bottom an on-off switch for each pickup & a series switch for the pickups ( S1 switch stylee )
plus master volume & tone controls.

the master tone control works when the bass is in active or passive mode -- cool eh?
this bass really does sound very good,its in danger of becoming my no. 1 bass.

[quote name='Rayman' post='24415' date='Jun 28 2007, 01:43 PM']That's wicked, by far the best colour for those. The switches scare me off though, what do they all do?[/quote]

agreed on both counts Russ, would look better with a black scratchplate though :)

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='26390' date='Jul 3 2007, 10:44 AM']wow if i didn't know any better i would have thought that was an old bass. Fender really did get what they wanted with this one, didn't they?[/quote]

yes its a beauty for shure + i still can't believe how nice it plays & sounds.i'd recommend one of these to any body.
btw the neck is even slimmer than my Jazz bass with a very low action which makes it a really fast player for those mid-gig Flea style solos (I wish)